Day 4 and a bundle of NERVES!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am just snapping away at everyone.....what a total BITCH I am!!!! I went out for dinner with my family and my mom and step-dad, mom and step-dad get a 'drink' and look SHOCKED that I wasn't ordering a beer. She asked why I wasn't having anything....I told her I was doing a cleanse....and she accepted.....but oh man, I could've had one, or a couple.

So in my grouchiness, I have just locked myself in my room, in my bed, and watch some CSI and some ER.....

I hope I wake in a better mood tomorrow.....

Thanks for listening to me piss and moan.......
    AF July 6 2014

christy,

All I can tell you is the same thing everyone told me when I was going through what you're going through. Hang in there. It does get better. And really it does get better so just hang in there.
    AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Hang in there christy! Don't let it get to you! Seriously.
      "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Christy,

WELL DONE for not having that drink! Those are the situations when it's really easy to justify, thinking oh I'll just have one with dinner.... an we all know where that goes! And I loved your reason for declinging - very clever. You can do it!

Obstacles are those frightful things we see when we take our eyes of our goals - Henry Ford

Will power, determination and friends can turn this :teeter: into this :wings:

Comment

Good job Christy
          Hang in there. I am on Day 4 (AGAIN). Early sobriety is an emotional rollercoaster. Don't fight it. It will pass.:l
          "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Hi...im on day 6 and yesterday i felt just like you did...but today it has passed...like you i put the tv on and got dome nachos ina nd salsa and lovely fresh orange juice and i slightly cheered up and the children and animals came out from their corners..hang in there..im assured it gets better!!!
            When you can look a thing in the eye,
            Acknowledge that it exists,
            Call it exactly what it is,
            And decide what role it will play in your life,
            Then my beloved,
            You have taken the first step toward your freedom.
            Iyanla Vanzant

Comment

Working...
            X