is this a stupid question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone...im day seven not drinking..and i know this may sound a stupid question...but when i was drinking everyday i used to sweat loads and i mean loads when i did even the slightest thing and may face would be so red...since ive stopped drinking its stopped?? was this caused by al? all the time i thought it was cause i was overweight..
    When you can look a thing in the eye,
    Acknowledge that it exists,
    Call it exactly what it is,
    And decide what role it will play in your life,
    Then my beloved,
    You have taken the first step toward your freedom.
    Iyanla Vanzant

That's not a stupid question. I think it's very possible that AL caused those sweating episodes for you. I'm not for sure, but AL does bad things to our bodies and that could be one of them. And since this sweating has stopped when you quit AL, you can assume it was caused by it. That's +1 for the positive side for you, Shelley! Go for more, girl.
    Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

AL does lots of things you don't expect. It affects histamines, so drinking can give you the sniffles; make your nose stuffy. Also, your muscles can burn acetic acid which is a by-product of alcohol. Probably either one can cause facial flushing. If it is better then be happy. For me it is a long process to detox and get used to how my body works now. For instance, I find I need to eat more sugar to keep a good balance, which is one thing people tell you NOT to do. Oh well. It works for me!

Comment

always sweat a lot at night after a night of drinking ..and days after..like a fever..its al
        :beach:

Comment

Sweating, especially at night, is from AL.

I love not sweating from AL.

Gia is correct. It is your body frantically trying to get rid of the poison.

It is great to get a good night's sleep and wake up cool and dry. I love it.

Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Shelley. Well done on 7 days! I hope you'll keep going. The redness left my face when i stopped drinking, and so did the sweating. I am not as hot, (temperature wise). But, i am now hot, and also cool, in a very different way!............G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Thanks everyone!! im so glad it wasnt me imagining it!!...im day 9 now and i feel amazing...my depression has just lifted and i have so much energy...although i`m craving sugar well food altogether but mainly sugar...i didnt realise this was normal...although i dont have a sweet tooth normally...but funilly enough i did before i started drinking heavily.To be honest whatever gets me through this time for me is the main thing and if a chocoate and some nachos do it then so be it..and it still isnt as much calories as two-three botts of red wine! so everyones a winner!!
              When you can look a thing in the eye,
              Acknowledge that it exists,
              Call it exactly what it is,
              And decide what role it will play in your life,
              Then my beloved,
              You have taken the first step toward your freedom.
              Iyanla Vanzant

Comment

Very interesting insight Boss.man.......I've learned something from your comments, thanks......IAD
                ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                Dr. Seuss

Comment

shelley1;572479 wrote: Thanks everyone!! im so glad it wasnt me imagining it!!...im day 9 now and i feel amazing...my depression has just lifted and i have so much energy...although i`m craving sugar well food altogether but mainly sugar...i didnt realise this was normal...although i dont have a sweet tooth normally...but funilly enough i did before i started drinking heavily.To be honest whatever gets me through this time for me is the main thing and if a chocoate and some nachos do it then so be it..and it still isnt as much calories as two-three botts of red wine! so everyones a winner!!
                  My sentiments exactly Shelly!! I was craving sugary things myself as a replacement for the alcohol in the beginning!! I didn't care though about the cost's to my teeth with eating and drinking lots of sugary things as long as I wasn't picking up a drink!!. Thankfully my teeth are still OK today too!!lol

Love and Happiness
                  Hippie
                  xx
                  "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                  Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Working...
                  X