Guess what...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess what...

I'm sober, have been for a while now. After all my slips and damn right tumbles i got antabuse. It's really great as i am sober.

I found/find taking it odd sometimes as i still feel just the same before, cravings the lot but the fact is i just CANNOT drink. I've also started noticing triggers and i would have drunk if i wasn't taking these.

I've also noticed something about myself. I can't allow my life to be smooth running and perfect like it should. I always do something to make me worry. I noticed i'm worrying about the pure amount i eat. It's as if i just can't relax and be happy.

I'm not missing the drink and loving my sober life, my hubby and babby girl too.

Guess what...

well done little michelle, and dont worry about the cals too much, you must be saving on loads of em from not drinking!

Comment

Guess what...

That's wonderful, lil! I'm happy that your little girl has a sober mommy! You should be so proud of yourself, because it takes effort and you are doing it!
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Guess what...

That's wonderful, lil! I'm happy that your little girl has a sober mommy! You should be so proud of yourself, because it takes effort and you are doing it!:goodjob:
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Guess what...

Awesome Michelle!!!
          It is very common for alcoholics and children of alcoholics to find "comfort in chaos" so to speak. We are just not used to life being stable. Some of us even find it much too boring. You are doing Great!! I am so happy for you.
          "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Guess what...

That's great Lil M...........keep up the good work ! IAD.
            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Guess what...

"Comfort in Chaos"....boy, can I relate to that. Congrats Michelle on remaining sober. It is so hard, but worth it.
              Indifference is in your future with Baclofen. It works!

My frustration with Baclofen, which is shared by Dr. Oliver Ameisen, is that because Baclofen is an off patent medication there is no profit motive for drug companies to support clinical trials that would demonstrate its efficacy in treating addiction.

Comment

Guess what...

That's wonderful lil M!! It's a new, better journey!
                sigpic
                Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Guess what...

I'm happy for you, LM!

Comment

Guess what...

Hi Lil Michelle

WOW, it's a small world after all. I was just thinking about you and wondering how you are doing. Haven't seen you thread in a while, so it's definitely good to see you back.

GREAT JOB on being AF . . .

Place HuGGable here . . . :l

Comment

Guess what...

great news!

have you tried any yoga or meditation? it can help you "quiet" your mind a bit...

just a suggestion!

woohoo!

Comment

Guess what...

Hi. I totally agree with comfort with chaos. I have lived my life like this even when drink wasn't a problem.
                        I'm a funny little one me.
                        I may try Yoga, i've wanted to do it for a while now.

Sorry i haven't been around, just needed to sort myself out!

Comment

Guess what...

It sounds like you're doing great...I think that 'comfort in chaos' thing may have something to do with being a new Mum. There's so much to think about and worry about (is she safe, am I parenting right etc etc) that sometimes it's really hard to switch that off.
                          Yoga or meditation is a great suggestion.

Comment

Working...
                          X