ODAT (One Day At a Time) Monday 16th March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning ODATers! Hope you all had a great weekend, and have a good week lined up.

Another lovely sunny day here, can't believe we've gone from winter to spring quite so suddenly. A bit of sunshine really raises my spirits though - think I get SAD in the winter.

Off to work in a moment - bit of a challenge today, I'll probably see the guy I got upset over last week. But I'm not going to let him, or my feeling about him, derail me. (Just have to stop myself telling him I think he's a fool hahaha!)

Anyway enough of that, not negativity around here! Hope you all have a great day, and meet your aims.

LO

Hey LO, Happy Monday! I missed what upset you last week, but you're so right - keep positive. I'm not sure where in the world you are, but I love spring. My Mom just told me she got given some hens for her garden - am looking forward to pics. Take Care

Bxx
    Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Hi Lonely, Betty and all to come

Beautiful spring morning here and off for my walk with the doggies in a few minutes. It's a lovely way to start the day (after the hassel of the school run) and it does help you stay positive.

Hope everyone has a great week and achieves their goals.

Rustop

Comment

Oh Rust - the school run - that and making bagged lunches - Yuck! My boys are on spring break next week - I just love it!
        Its just stopped raining here (5.30 p.m.), so the dogs might get out after all. The only thing is its 'peak' dog walking time and my Italian Greyhound is a little anti-social......

Bx
        Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

OATERS!!!

It's a lovely wet, dark morning! :H But that's OK. It'll be sunny the rest of the week and after a few wet days and then sun, the spring growth really pops out! I love early April when the shades of the new green growth in the trees are almost as varied and beautiful as the fall.

And it's Monday, start of a new week! Fresh canvas, new paint brush.

Rustop, you're sounding SO good!

Nice comeback Sweaty!

Lonely, I am admiring your cheerful determination; it will really work in your favor!

Savvy, remember what I said yesterday and good luck!

Happy day to all to come. Yesterday was the ides of March. I wish I'ds got more done. :H

AND..... drumroll........ I have 9 months today. Please help yourself to peppermint ice cream!
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Congrats on 9 months Greeneyes!! Today is day 8 for me but I am so thrilled I have managed a week. When I joined last Monday I only intended to try for 4 days, the thought of going without my wine for even one night seemed huge. Have committed myself to 30 days AF now! ODAT!!!!

Lonely One. Think of all the reasons it didn't work out with that guy. Be positive, you are free to find a new future with a new, better bloke! SOBER!

Have a good day everyone.
            If alcohol made you happy I should be the happiest person alive! I'm not.

Comment

:goodjob: Greenie and many congratulations. It hasnt been an easy year for you so you should be so, so proud of yourself. You are an inspiration to the rest of us. Betty I have an anti-social Jack Russell so I know where you are coming from. He particularly hates boxers so if I see one coming I have to pick him up and preferable cover his eyes. What he cant see does not bother him!!

Rustop

Comment

Greenie, WOW! Congratulations on 9 months! You are an inspiration to us! :wd:
                Blue Sky! Congrats on making a week! That's a big milestone! :goodjob:
                Sweaty, Rustop and LO, Hi! You are all sounding so positive. It's a great way to start a Monday! It's great to start the work week HO free, isn't it? Sunday is often my downfall, but not this week! Have a good day all!
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good Day ODATers

What can I say Greenie? You are simply Amazing!!!
                  Today is all about getting ready for tomorrow's second interview. None of the outfits that My girlfriend let me borrow fit right and I hate damn shoulder pads. I will be off to J.C. Penney, looking for a bargain. Other than that, I will go to an AA meeting and be calling the Mortgage co. to try to keep from going into foreclosure. AGAIN. I hope you all have a Great Day.
                  "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Greenie - yes, I will remember your words of wisdom. And while I decided that TODAY is a good day to start AF, I fear that if I get bad news from IRS... I'll be very tempted to "drown my sorrows"!

Also, must say... NINE MONTHS is Fantastic, Green. Really Amazing!

Sea - GOOD LUCK ON INTERVIEW! Hope you find great outfit, but your best asset will be your Smile and Attitude...
                    Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Don't let him get to you, LO, he's so not worth it!

Beautiful Spring day here, too. Lots of sun and might hit 50! I still have those shrubs to trim, never got to them this weekend, so that's something to look forward to during office breaks.

Greenie, congratulations on the 9 months! I'm having a Klondike bar in your honor!

Awesome job, Blue, with the 8 days! Keep it up!

Hey dill, Sweaty, rusty!

Good luck with the interview, JC Penney (they've got some great sales going on here. There's an online coupon, too, did you know that?) and the mortgage company. Here's a link to the coupon codes if you can use them: JCPenney Coupon Codes - all coupons, discounts and promo codes for jcp.com

Hey Savvy, the IRS doesn't deserve any more of us! Don't do it, they get enough!

Tough time with HB still. This financial stress is really getting to us. I asked HB if I could take him out to dinner last night (I have a gift certificate to a nice place from Christmas) and he just said no thanks. It really hurt and sucked but what can I do? He's pushing me away so far it's hard to stay positive. My poor daughter is even noticing it. Oh well, I'll focus on the beautiful day, exercising (I've lost about 8 pounds), cleaning and making a nice dinner. Life marches on.

Take care,
                      Be
                      "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Good Morning world -- lots of action here today on the thread, and some of us are facing difficult moments. I wish you lots of strength and a quick rebound. Greenie, you and I are about even on being sober. I thank God for any sober day any one of us experiences. Go for it all, go for the gold !!!
                        Matt

Comment

Hi everyone...the weather in the uk at the moment is lovely and really does lift the spirits...day 10 for me!! double numbers!!i cant belive it!!im so proud of myself and the weight is dropping off..this morning i laid in bed and my stomach felt flat for the first time in years instead of the huge bloated wine belly..whey hey...good times...stay strong everyone today..and savon i hope its not as bad as you are worrying over..i can sense your anxiouness...and even if it is..getting pissed will only make it seem even worse..and plus it will be still be there tomorrow...stay strong..sober people face their problems.
                          When you can look a thing in the eye,
                          Acknowledge that it exists,
                          Call it exactly what it is,
                          And decide what role it will play in your life,
                          Then my beloved,
                          You have taken the first step toward your freedom.
                          Iyanla Vanzant

Comment

Good Morning or should I say good afternoon all. Losey weather here so far. Can't wait for spring to arrive. Have a great AF day everybody.
                            Starting over again
                            ray:

Comment

Shelley - Flat tummy = GREAT! Are you exercising, too?

Thanks for the thought. I haven't drunk (yet) - but I may take a xanax (something I rarely do!) before heading out to IRS. I'm dreading it, but praying that they will tell me something Good.

I feel like I have been in one long anxiety attack that just won't end!
                              Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Working...
                              X