ODAT (One Day At a Time) Monday 16th March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone, have not been on the computer at all this week end ! I did have a few drinks on saturday & sunday night probably half of what i would normally drink so Im still feeling good and ready for another 5 days AF and excersizing all week .. Congrats on everyone succes !!
    :beach:

Comment

I'm in for today too ... it's sunny but snowy here in northern alberta ... I'll find something to do!
      Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the know to the unknown."
      Author Unknown :h

AF - Sept 4, 2012
      10 days - Sept 13, 2012
      2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012
      Slip on the weekend but tried too moderate!
      AF - Sept 24, 2012 (get back on the headaches not worth it)
      Slippery slope Oct 1 ..... Trying to not give up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Good Morning everyone!

I haven't been on for a couple of days. I was busy helping my son move into his first apartment all weekend!

I did have a couple glasses of wine on Saturday, but stayed in control. I am now back to day 2 AF, so I am pleased with the weekend overall.

Here is to a great week!

Comment

Good morning all. It's a new week and rainy here but I know the sun will be out soon enough. Spring is coming. Love it!
          Today is day 14 AF and I am so happy that I'm actually doing this with your help. I guess MWO is my replacement addiction-I can live with it!
          Lots of exercise and healthy eating plan to follow today-and plan the fabulous garden I want to have this year.

Comment

Glad everyone is feeling good! The AF people, the "in control" people - it's great!

I just had to come here and remind myself of stuff ... greenie, you admire my "cheerful determination" but it's hard to keep it up sometimes - ended up crying in a colleague's office today, luckily she's an understanding friend. And I've driven home thinking "I'll go to MWO when I get in and then it'll all be OK". Mtntop guess I'm like you, this is my replacement addiction!

Becoming and Blue, thank you, I just need to remember those thoughts. Betty what happened last week was that this guy I was very close to, and sort of involved with up until Christmas decided to go back to his ex. Thing is, we work together, in fact we've just got a research grant together, and I thought I was doing pretty well at coping with the "we can be friends" thing. Then on Thursday he told me he was getting married. I felt I'd been knocked sideways, run over, and trampled on. Added factor is that I've just found out my job isn't going to be made permanent despite promises from my boss, so in less then 2 months I'm out of work unless I can get something else

So I'm feeling pretty raw and vulnerable at the moment, on two fronts. I didn't see "him" today, he wasn't in, but I'll probably see him tomorrow and I just don't want to. I'm hurting on too many sides to be able to deal with him the way I want to.

Anyway. Urg. Sorry for being so down. I'm going to reread all your cheerful posts, I love this ODAT thread. It's really keeping me going. Thank you, friends

Comment

Ohhh Lonely - it IS sad to have relationship end (and it's not much/any better if You do the ending!).

That happened to me a couple months ago, and I couldn't believe how it hurt!

Really hope you find a good job before yours runs out. Then you can say, "Naneenaneepoopoooo to YOU!!" Pretty yuk that they promised you full time & reneged. The job interview I went on Fri. - guy said it would be part time for about a month, then full time. SO hard to trust people, it seems!! I didn't get job, so it doesn't matter...

And I'm just back from IRS - who confirmed I DO owe them $1,200. I pretty much expected it. But I keep reminding myself that they gave me $900 refund, so REALLY I'm only paying them $300! ??

Anyway, I did buy some booze on way home. But I'm Really not going to overdo. I'm just going to have a couple/few.. decompress, make dinner, maybe watch movie, go to bed & start this Life thing all over again!!

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger????

(And yes, I think I'm addicted to MWO, too!)
              Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Savon

Don't start drinking, you've had a tough day and will regret it in the morning. The 1st drink will weaken your resolve and before you know it you will have had too many. Please go and run a nice hot bath for yourself instead.
                If alcohol made you happy I should be the happiest person alive! I'm not.

Comment

Thanks, Savvy, yeah it hurts, and I'm sorry you got hurt that way too. Sorry you didn't get the job, too - why do these things pile up?? Got to just keep on digging ouselves out, I guess

Got to agree with Blue Sky,, don't have that "just one drink", put it to one side, have dinner with a movie - that's what I'm about to do. What movie are you going to choose?

Comment

I saw Australia last night ! long movie but very good ! I went for my walk tonight with my dog , made a very healhty dinner and now getting ready with me tea to watch Dancing with a star and House!
                    Good nigh everyone see you all tomorrow !
                    :beach:

Comment

Hello all! My package arrived today!! I'm so excited. The Book, CD's, and the LGulamine I ordered.... I am on my way to bed to read and think I'll wait to start the CD's in the morning..as well as the LG. I'm just so excited I had to share... Sorry for not being a bit more personal. I'm still so new here.
                      Indifference is in your future with Baclofen. It works!

My frustration with Baclofen, which is shared by Dr. Oliver Ameisen, is that because Baclofen is an off patent medication there is no profit motive for drug companies to support clinical trials that would demonstrate its efficacy in treating addiction.

Comment

Help4Me,

Awesome!! So glad you are here.

All other ODATers, I hope you had/have/will have a wonderful ODAT day.

Love,
                        Cindi
                        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
                        X