Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolute Beginner

Hi everyone.

Just found this site yesterday. I am not used to posting anything on the Internet and English is not my first language, so I'm a bit nervous. But this seems like a very supportive community, so I'll give it a go anyway.

I am a working mom of two and have been drinking too much for many years now. It needs to change and I need to find some help.

Absolute Beginner

Hi Too Anxious, huge welcome to you.

Here is a great place to get support and ideas to help you with your drinking. Have you read the book yet? That will give you a start to put a plan together. You can use supplements, meds, hypno cds, support or a combination of all. There is also a great thread called the Tool Box thread in the Monthly Abstinence forum. Lots of inspiration there.
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Absolute Beginner

:welcome:

I agree with what Starting Over has said. Also read and post.....you will find so many inspirational people here. I wish you the best of luck.
      RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

Absolute Beginner

Welcome Too A

You've certainly come to the right place, I have only been here a short while and I have learned more about myself in the passed 8 weeks then I could ever have imagined. I was blind but now I see . . .

Visit as much as you can. The book MWO is a very interesting read, I am still researching all the meds. because personally I don't like taking pills unless they are vitamins.

And you will find the people here to be amazingly open, honest and supportive.

:l

Comment

Absolute Beginner

Welcome Too Anxious!

This is an amazing and supportive place to be! Everyone is so welcoming, kind and encouraging. We are all here for you as you being your journey.

Take care!

Comment

Absolute Beginner

Hi from me too ....
            Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the know to the unknown."
            Author Unknown :h

AF - Sept 4, 2012
            10 days - Sept 13, 2012
            2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012
            Slip on the weekend but tried too moderate!
            AF - Sept 24, 2012 (get back on the headaches not worth it)
            Slippery slope Oct 1 ..... Trying to not give up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Absolute Beginner

welcome glad to meet you it a great place to come and read and post any or all of your questions ..we are here for you .. just try your best and take it but one day at a time ..
              :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
              best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Absolute Beginner

Welcome too anxious ! same as you english is not my first language but i get my strenght from here , just posting and reading ! Its been great support ! Im enjoying another week of AF..
                Francine
                :beach:

Comment

Absolute Beginner

Welcome, Too Anxious!

Your first post is great! I'm so glad you found this site. I'm a working mom of two, also. Please continue to post and read and I look forward to hearing more from you!

Becoming
                  "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Absolute Beginner

Welcome, Too Anxious! I'm a working Mum too, tho my daughter is now at Uni. You'll find you're not alone here! I can only echo what others have said - read around here, post, you'll get lots of support - I've found a welcome, and such kindness and generosity from people here, in the few weeks I've been here. Check out the ODAT (One day at a time) thread, and join us there if you think that might be useful for you - I personally find it really helps me

Take care

LO

Comment

Absolute Beginner

Thank You!

A warm thank you to you all, you really do make me feel welcome here.

And on top of that: I did not have one single drink yesterday! I already feel a lot better than yesterday and will try to hold on to this "clearheaded" feeling.

Thank you again for your kind words!

Comment

Absolute Beginner

That's great, TA! Keep that clear headed feeling, it just keeps on getting better! And in sticky moments, or when your resolve has a little wobble, just remind yourself how good you feel now.

Stay strong!
                        LO

Comment

Absolute Beginner

Hi Too Anxious, I'm also the Mum of two little ones, battling the same issues as you.
                          A big welcome to you....read & join in whenever you feel comfortable.
                          There's many wonderful, supportive people here.

xo

Comment

Absolute Beginner

Hi Too Anxious -

I'm new today too and anxious, but optimistic as well. Glad I'm not the only newbie here today. Best wishes on the journey that begins today!

Comment

Absolute Beginner

Hi..welcome theres nothing to be afraid of here...but i can relate to how your feeling cause i felt the same the first time i posted...and couldnt stop crying cause all the posts sounded just like me...but i thought i was the only one! read all the posts and you will that strength comes in numbers and also from people that can relate and understand you without judging..good luck with getting sober...and i can tell you that the clear headed feeling is more addictive than any drink and the buzz lasts longer!! good luck hope to see you around x
                              When you can look a thing in the eye,
                              Acknowledge that it exists,
                              Call it exactly what it is,
                              And decide what role it will play in your life,
                              Then my beloved,
                              You have taken the first step toward your freedom.
                              Iyanla Vanzant

Comment

Working...
                              X