Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In new

:new:Hi everyone,
    I have never joined a forum before so not sure what to do, but I really want to cut down on my drinking, or rather the amount that I drink. I only drink about twice a week but I tottally go for it untill early hours in the morning, I just dont know when to stop. Has anyone got any good advise on how to cut down. Thanks
    :dancin: enguin:
    starting over

In new

:welcome: Ronnie, (that's my brother's name)

I just posted to you down in the daily moderators thread...
    Must have just missed ya!

Welcome again.
    :l
    Judie
    The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

In new

Hey Ronnie, I'm an Aussie too - although I live in NZ now (don't hate me!!!)
      I can't tell you how to cut down... but I can advise to read heaps here.
      Also consider reading the MWO book it's a whole programme involving diet, exercise, supplements, hypnotherapy, meds & of course this community - you can take or leave what you need to achieve your goals.
      Again, :welcome:

xo

Comment

In new

:welcome:Hi Ronnie

I've taken up the suggestion to try 30 days AF (alcohol free) first to break my very established habit of drinking almost every night. I started out aiming for 4 days which seemed achievable and felt so great I have kept on going. Today is day 10. It has been hard at times but I really think that a total break from alcohol is what I need to do before I can begin to attempt drinking at a sensible level. It's actually easier I think to say absolutely NO ALCOHOL to yourself than to attempt to have only one drink and stop at that. That one drink on past attempts to moderate always destroyed my willpower and judgement and before I knew it the bottle was empty!
        If alcohol made you happy I should be the happiest person alive! I'm not.

Comment

In new

Welcome Ronnie,

Ditto on the great advise you have already recieved.
          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

In new

Ronnie,

:welcome:

I can't give advice on cutting down. I tried many, many times.

But, many can and do.

Best of luck!
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
            X