Weekend Road Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend Road Trip

Hi all. I've been 17 days sober, thanks in no small part to checking in here at MWO during the course of the days and evenings. I'm going on a road trip tomorrow with my husband and another couple for the weekend. They all drink but I really want to keep my new AF mindset and am afraid I'll cave, even for one or two. Also, no computer around to get my dose of encouragement. My plan is to tell them I'm not drinking right now, trying to get healthy, etc. and hope all respect my decision. If you have any advice or have been in this situation before, I'd really appreciate your input. Thanks.

Weekend Road Trip

plan plan plan...have in your head what you can drink instead of al, volunteer to be the driver, think of responses to why you aren't drinking with them...you can do it!

Comment

Weekend Road Trip

Hi Mtntop,

My first holiday away from MWO and my daily support was also a bit nerve wracking. I ended up telling everyone that I was on a very strong antibiotic (which was partly true) and AL made me feel sick on it.
      I also bought myself a pretty notebook and wrote in it daily as I would normally post here. Some days I was just so busy having fun that I didn't have time to reflect and write in my book, and that was also okay... but I knew when my resolve was weakening just to "Breathe" and take a moment for myself.

Have a fantastic road trip!!
      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Working...
      X