Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dont think I can do this

Functional,
    I can relate to your story. I at worst was drinking 2 bottles a night and having terrible panic attacks mostly when driving. Waking during the night and the feelings of guilt made me really think about what I was doing.
    I know that AF is not for me and decided to moderate my way.
    I bought the L-Glut and Kudzu and it is either the placebo effect or it really works with the cravings.
    I have managed to decrease to 2 glasses of wine at night and really pleased with myself and more so, the panic attacks have gone. The last few days I have driven in the outside lane overtaking all in sight and it is not even on my mind.
    Not so long ago I would have sat behind a tractor to frightened to overtake in case I fainted, I would pray that he would turnoff, that's how bad it was.
    I had a little slip yesterday when the OH gave me half a glass of sparking wine at 4pm (run out of L-Glut), I thought, Oh no here we go but no, I manged to make it last for 2 hours and then had 2 more small glasses of wine lasting till 10pm.
    I am so chuffed, I mentioned it to the OH and he was amazed as it would normally have been 2 bottles!
    I will continue to decrease and hope to manage 1 or 2 days AF next week, thats my goal.
    I know how humbling it is when you read so many posts from people that are AF and you, I can't manage one.
    Please take heart that I am not AF and with little effort you can cut down and you will feel heaps better about yourself and those debilitating panic attacks will be gone once and for all.
    Good Luck :l

Comment

Dont think I can do this

Hi From me too ... my story is very familiar. Right now with the help of the supplements I am 30 days minus one slip!! For me that is a huge milestone. I never have went more than 10 days without a drink. I'm trying one day, each day is a new day ... I hope and know you can and will find the strength to do this. Welcome, keep posting!!
      Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the know to the unknown."
      Author Unknown :h

AF - Sept 4, 2012
      10 days - Sept 13, 2012
      2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012
      Slip on the weekend but tried too moderate!
      AF - Sept 24, 2012 (get back on the headaches not worth it)
      Slippery slope Oct 1 ..... Trying to not give up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Dont think I can do this

This is my second time to the mwo site, after reading posts, i stopped drinking for two weeks. Feeling much cleaner and happier after a few days. But... yesterday while searching thru real estate listings on the web, I polished off a bottle of wine myself, was mean to my husband, and barely remember going to bed. Today I feel completely ashamed and am convinced I need to do this program. I don't know what products to get as money is a huge issue. I want to get the most important ones if someone could advise. I'm totally not going to my current dr for this. I really do not want to ever have a morning like this again. Is this where i post this?

Comment

Dont think I can do this

Hey willow,

It's best if you start your own thread in the Starting Out section. More people will see it there. You can do this, I know, I'm a wine drinker myself. If you can download the book first, that's a great place to start. Keep reading and posting and don't give up, ok?

Becoming
          "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Working...
          X