Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT (One Day At a Time) Friday 19th March

Good morning, ODATers!

An early start for me today, got a v important meeting in a couple of hours, might be able to secure some funding for a new contract so I get to keep my job. Am kind of optimisitc but also a bit nervous, a lot hangs on this. Fingers crossed!

And i'm into new territory, AF wise - today is Day 8 for me! I know that's not much compared to some, but for me, it's good going.

Anyway hope you are all feeling well, and have a great day. Hope everyone meets their aims today and relaxes into a lovely weekend.

LO

Good Morning everyone.

No wine yesterday, day 4 today.

Lonely One: I hope your meeting goes well.

Have a nice weekend. :sun:

Comment

Hi Lonely and all to come

Good luck Lonely, hope all goes well for you today. Day 8 is amazing, you will find that the more AF time you get the easier it gets.

We are about to loose power for the day as they are carrying out repairs. Just wanted to check in quickly to get the day off to a good start.

Have a great week-end everyone.

Rustop

Comment

Greetings all!

L.O. Day 8? that's great!
        Anxious, fantastic on day 4 too!
        Have a safe, fun, sober w/kend everyone.............G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Rustop. Great to see you again.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

ODATERS!!

IMHO.... every single AF day is good going. This is about you; no reason to compare to others.

good luck with the meeting, lonely. Doing very well anxious! Hi rustop and greg.

Have a plan for tonight?
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

I did not get the job. Profoundly disappointed. I will keep applying for other jobs. I will not drink. Thank you for all of your support.
              "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Good Morning all; Sea, so sorry to hear the news -- I hope there will come something good and wonderful in your near future; I believe in that. To all who are stringing together sobriety one day at a time, you are wonderful. Sea -- again, good luck and go for the gold, you will be in our prayers.
                Matt

Comment

Lonely,
                  I'm right behind you, on day 7. Good luck on your meeting. For me anything I do AF has so much more quality, meaning, significance. Going into the meeting AF is an accomplishment in itself.

Comment

Good Morning ODATers!!
                    I'm so sorry Sea!!! It really sounded promising...something better will come along, if this wasn't meant to be!!! I'll keep you in my prayers!
                    I did drink yesterday...it wasn't anything major....kept it very slow...one an hour...but an evening out (like 4 hours) adds up huh? So...it's way less than I would have, but I still ask myself the question...why at all or why not just one or two?? Very frustrated!!
                    Hope everyone has a great Friday...I just took Spring Break-fast to my son's first grade class!!! They loved it....the teacher loved it too---eggs, juice, donuts, oranges---the whole nine yards!! Yum! Yum!
                    "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                    7/29/12

Comment

Good Morning ODATers,

LO ~ I will keep my fingers crossed for your meeting. Good luck and keep us posted. Also, great job on day 8!

Anxious ~ fabulous job getting to day 4!

Sea ~ sorry about the news on the job! I'll keep sending good thoughts your way.

Hello to all others and those to follow. Have a great weekend. I am off after work to spend the weekend with my precious grandson.

Take care and be safe!

Comment

Thank you lonely one for post last night and good luck with the meeting !! Great job on your day 8 AF!!
                        :beach:

Comment

Anxious that s great day 4 ....sea sorry you didnt get the job !! but stay positive !!!
                          Great job chopper mom and sted day 7 and 8 and Anxious one day 4 !!
                          I had a bad day yesterday had wine (no hangover but still 4 glasses is too much ) but feeling better today !!!
                          wont drink tonight and will go to the gym then rent a movie go to bed early . THats the plan !!
                          Have a great friday everyone !!!
                          :beach:

Comment

Well, today is only day 3 for me, but I am trying to hang in there. God, this is really hard!

Lonely - wish you luck on the meeting. SD - don't beat yourself up. You did better than you used to. It's not easy. Sea - sorry about the job, but the others are right - the right job will come!!

decastille - sounds like a good plan. I hope you all have a good weekend

Comment

Working...
                            X