Grocery Shopping yesterday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So yesterday I am grocery shopping with my son. Had to go to Publix to pick out his birthday cake. I am in the frozen food section, (Wayyyy away from the alcohol section mind you) and there right above the ICE CREAM is chardonnay on a shelf ON SALE. (5.99)

I had absolutely NO intention of buying wine that day, or even had any thought of drinking but that bottle above the ICE CREAM just seemed to jump in my cart.

Today im kinda pissed off. Grocery stores should keep the damn alcohol in the alcohol isle and not in the frozen food section!
    I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

WOW! Are you in the US? For one, that bottle of wine at $5.99 is CHEAP, and two, when I lived down there alcohol was available everywhere at anytime! I thankfully didn't have a problem with it then or I would have been dead!!! I also don't know if I could have resisted that price - if I were tempted!!!! That is less than a pack of ciggies here!

When I would buy a bottle here it would cost me $13.00 + depending on what size. For a run of the mill kind of wine.

Well, I hope you feel better today. Don't you hate that when those bottles develop legs and spring into your cart?? Cheer up, today is a new day! xoxo

Comment

hi over it , obviously , you drank it ,yes=no,no=yes, and if you did,o well,your rt they should,i guess,i walk by it every day in my basement ,my wife drinks,so do my sons,some can,some cant,or drive by the liquor store every day,i no you will eventually learn SELF,control,really that's all it is,i again do wish you well,and i hope the birthday was a good one.? gyco

Comment

I am in Florida, and wine is very cheap. You can always get a descent brand for around five bucks.

I know I need to practice more self control Gyco. I was just trying to make light of the fact that I am actually really pissed off at ME!

My sons birthday party is this coming Sunday. He will be 5. I am determined that he has a great birthday party, a great time and my son will have a sober Mom for it all. Promise to myself and to him.

Have a great weekend friends. Stay stong, sober, and Happy !
        I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Wine is too cheap!!!

Hi all,i live in northern ireland where i can buy 3 btls for ?10.i also work in an off license (liquor store) and im working now from 3pm to 11pm.The temptation will be immense but i am trying to stay strong.Only on day 1...:blush:
          Will post later when i get home,,,,please god to tell you all i brought home a can of juice instead!
          Love this site and love hearing all your stories....

Take care and hugs to all

xxx
          "Just when i was getting used to yesterday,along came today"
          Bring it on!

Comment

OverIt2007;576593 wrote: I am in Florida, and wine is very cheap. You can always get a descent brand for around five bucks.
            Geesh! That is cheap. Talk about having to have self control! You will have it next time.

Comment

anniemac;576600 wrote: i also work in an off license (liquor store) and im working now from 3pm to 11pm.
              OH MY. Working in a liquor store while trying to be sober... well, that's really grabbing the bull by the horns!! :H

Wine on sale above the ice cream? Ok, that's just Wrong!

But I find they don't jump into my cart. I drag them kicking & screaming & FORCE them!! lol.
              Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Im in Florida also and wine is very cheap and everywhere even at the pharmacy !!
                :beach:

Comment

I almost lost it in Walgreen's over the Holiday season...I was walking out the door and right next door was there liquor store with a huge display of jack daniels...all wrapped up in holiday finery...almost walked in and bought a bottle...so close...too close for comfort. (southern comfort)...pun intended !!.LOL
                  i didn't go shopping alone again all holiday season..that's how shook up I was.
                  sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

They're thinking of selling wine in grocery stores in NYS. I've signed every petition against it I could find!
                    "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Hey OverIt. In Florida, too. To boot, I'm at the beach and EVERYone seems to think it's partytime, all the time. A reason that it's tricky to quit because one needs absolutely no excuse to be drinking. It's Monday!...have a drink! It's almost noon!...Cheers! Har! Am working on day #1 (again) and I'll show them...gonna save up the extra cash this month (am optimistically saying "month" already!!!) to buy some new summer clothes!

Darn that Publix!

Comment

Working...
                      X