What IS it about the weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My husband and I are both going to try 30 days AF, starting from yesterday - we both felt so crappy yesterday we didn't even consider a glass of wine! And of course it's so much easier if we're on the same page. Didn't buy any wine at Costco yesterday which is a miracle in itself. I haven't gotten any of the supplements yet so I'd love to know how that works for you. I have been taking 5-HTP to help me sleep and I do think it works, but that's the only supplement I've ever taken. A good night's sleep makes such a huge difference, don't you think?

Comment

Absolutely! Hope your night went well, sportster. Am now sleeping straight through from 10-10:30 to about 4 (though I have to pee like a racehorse when I get up b/c my water intake's not been sabotaged by AL) which is unHEARD of. Also, when in the heat of AL intake, my nights are clobbered with dreams about oceans, water, and sea creatures (all kinds, fish, sharks, you name it). Odd.

Anyhoo. Entering day #2 and feel great!...ahhh the payoff for AF day #1. Let me go a couple of days on these supplements and I'll give you a report. Only had one dose yesterday.

Good go on the no Costco wine run. An odd hole in routine, eh? I'm finding that part interesting (and by interesting I mean empty but am trying to re-wire my thinking and observe rather than feel shorted by it). Let's keep it up.
      :new:

Comment

Good morning YM!

I woke up at 4 too, but was able to go back to sleep. Day three for us. I'm feeling a bit nervous about the weekend already as we are going to be moving our daughter home so she can go back to school and get her RN. The pattern of dinner and a bottle of wine will be hard to break. There's circuit that needs to be re-wired! I hope to be stronger with each passing day AF.

Comment

Weekends are sneaky buggers!

Comment

I am also already worried about my first weekend AF ! Not sure why I am bothering to worry about something that is days away ! I should be worried about making it TO the weekend ,GEEZ talk about making things difficult for yourslef LOL !

Please do keep us posted on those supplements I ordered some Kudzo today so I really hope it helps !!

Comment

AND we're on the way to yet another weekend. Am at the beginning of my Wednesday and am hearing that voice...the voice of big hairly AL saying "hey you've gotten so far and just get through till after class on Friday and you can have some wine on Friday night". I'm laughing at him at this point...have plenty of time to wrestle those thoughts and conjure up plenty of courage and ammunition to NOT do exactly that by then.

On the a.m. of day #3, this is the farthest I've gotten so far. Already, skin tone is better, thoughts much clearer, conscious is squeaky clean. Have to teach a Power Yoga class this morning, as with every Wednesday morning, and I can't WAIT to not feel in the least dehydrated and sketchy about what pose to throw in next. Watch out class!
              :new:

Comment

I am fighting those EXACT same thoughts . telling myself I have done so good all week I deserve at least ONE night of drinking ...don't I ?? NOw I am at the point where I am saying maybe I will just cut down instead of quitting Bloody weekends !!!!

YM if you want to message me maybe we can help each other through this weekend ??

Comment

Working...
                X