Getting ready to start the program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to Mica too!! I love your avatar! Is that your dog?

Comment

Hello, all!

Hi, Al, ChopperMom and Barola,
      Thanks for welcoming me, and welcome to all newcomers. I'm happy to be here.

ChopperMom, my avatar is not my dog, just reminds me of my big furry friend who died a few years ago. Your avatar is adorable! I can see we are both dog people. I also have 3 cats and a parrot and a snake.

I am really enjoying this venue, which is totally surprising to me as I never thought that on-line friends could be so much fun. I'm going to start a strand and see where it takes me. What fun!

Comment

Congrats Al!! 2 glasses is a huge step!!! I am new and I am still having good and bad days...Don't beat yourself up over it. You CAN do this!!
        AF Since Sept. 20, 2010!!!

Comment

Hi Mica,

Yes, I am a huge dog person! My avatar is not my dog either, but I just simply adored the picture. I am looking forward to getting to know you better and helping on your journey as well as all others here!

Take Care

Comment

HI ALL
            For sure, the battle with moderation is a constant mind battle for me.
            In the morning I feel convinced that this is the day that I will be able to stick to 2 beer.
            In the morning I assure myself that I will add club soda to by beer to make it last longer.(doesn't change the taste much at all-just makes it a lighter beer).
            In the morning I assure myself that today I will not have a third beer.
            In the morning I assure myself I will not sneak in a fourth beer(and I really do sneak it in sometimes-why ? I don't know -who do I think I am fooling)
            In the morning , I know for sure that I will be in control of this alcohol beast.
            Any one else in this place???
            I like many of you struggle with this decision to go AF or moderation (I think it was easier for me to do the 30 days AF but then my husband was out of town and I didn't have the mind trigger of- Oya now it is such a good idea to sit down with my husband and have a beer. It is the at the end of the day , time for some relaxing down time together, we deserve that much, right .
            Whether that decision is a decision for today or tomorrow or when ever we are able to get there I think we are all encouraged by the many posts we read that indicate that it will be the best gift we can give ourselves.
            This encouragement gives me hope.
            wannabee
            i

Comment

Working...
            X