X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Day

Hi to all,

:new:

This is my first day/post here I am hoping to make some changes in my life and it has to start with my drinking habits which I am finally owning up to are way out of control.

Not sure how this will go but I am willing to give it my best effort . I am hoping to gain some strength through this .... heaven above knows I need it !

First Day

welcome!!!!

feel free to ask lots of questions!

peace

Comment

First Day

Hey One Way welcome loas of support here for you.

Comment

First Day

Thank ya !! I am feeling good about this .I am getting tired of not remembering the end of my nights but I do have to say I will miss having a pint(of course its NEVER just one pint) ...maybe just maaaayybe... one day I could stop at one pint but not a chance of that anytime in the near future =(

I am aiming to go without for a month then I will take it from there ......

Any tips or words of wisdom is appreciated

Comment

First Day

Hi from me too and welcome. Great to try for the 30 days, just take it day by day!
          Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the know to the unknown."
          Author Unknown :h

AF - Sept 4, 2012
          10 days - Sept 13, 2012
          2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012
          Slip on the weekend but tried too moderate!
          AF - Sept 24, 2012 (get back on the headaches not worth it)
          Slippery slope Oct 1 ..... Trying to not give up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

First Day

Welcome aboard!!
            It was suggested to me that I start off by reading the book, then create a personalized plan. I am one of the "sicker" members, so I do AA too. LOL.
            "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

First Day

One-Way-Street,

Jump in and see where you fit. This website is for many different people and many different kinds of drinkers.

I say that but understand I am one of the AFers because I FINALLY figured out I could not mod but there are many here that do.

Read the MWO book and see where you fit. No matter where, you do belong.

Love,
              Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

First Day

Welcome one-way. Don't feel you HAVE to commit to one month. Take it one day at a time. One hour at a time if it gets a bit hard. Post your progress and read lots. You will reach one month before you know it, but don't put too much pressure on yourself. My advice would be to make sure you don't have any alcohol in the house.
                Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                AF May 23 09 to July 09
                AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

First Day

Welcome, as panicked says one day at a time is best to start with, this is a great site lots of help and support, try the toolbox for tips.

Comment

First Day

Welcome, one way! You've come to a good place.

Check out the ODAT thread if you think it might help - One Day At a Time - it certainly helps me.

Stick around, and stay strong!

LO

Comment

First Day

:welcome:
                      Howdy 1-way. Am on day #2 myself and feel great. Hang in there. I'm finding there are lots of little payoffs along the way. It's just rethinking our thinking to erase AL from it! Day #2 in the a.m. and I feel clean and clear and that I've made an achievement! Lots of nice people here with great comments and it's gotten me this far. I'm confident it'll be a great support for you as well.
                      :new:

Comment

First Day

Hi welcome you will find everyone so supportive on here, and visting soon becomes second nature...repeating what most have said about one day at A TIME..sometimes i had to go an hour at a time,i came here with no expectations i havent left and i havent drank since!!and that was 18 days ago...look round the boards and the toolbox loads of helpful tips on there...any worries just shout..and remeber you have to want it!! love shelley x
                        When you can look a thing in the eye,
                        Acknowledge that it exists,
                        Call it exactly what it is,
                        And decide what role it will play in your life,
                        Then my beloved,
                        You have taken the first step toward your freedom.
                        Iyanla Vanzant

Comment

First Day

Hello - congratulations on starting your journey! It is hard but sooooo worth it. Please just know that alcohol damages every cell in your body. I always had the misconception that it was just the liver or esophogus (sp?). My husband has brain, liver, heart and can you believe it bone marrow damage. Not to mention all the damage to our self-esteem and relationships. Its Spring, it's tome for a fresh start for us all. Good luck!!

Comment

First Day

Hi everyone,

I am trying to go af for about the thousandth time... I am on day 17 AF now and am thinking this is how it is going to be as moderation has not worked in the past. I think I have nipped AL in the butt and decide to have a drink, but one always turns into many and the spiral continues. I am thinking the wanting a drink will always be there, but am hoping as time passes the urge won't be as urgent. I pop on here frequently and reading the threads always give me hope.

Keep up the good work everyone.
                            "What I do today is important because I am exchanging a day of my life for it."
                            Catherine Pulsifer

Comment

First Day

Thank you, thank you ,THANK YOU all =) I must find this toolbox !!

Comment

Working...
                              X