Reward system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reward system

Goodevening/Morning/Afternoon to you all wherever you may be in this crazy world of ours,

I am currently living in an extremely remote part of the world where the social life revolves around the one pub on the Island and I even work in the pub! I am surrounded by constant jeers of " you will crack soon " etc...What can I say, I am a glutton for punishment.

As there are no AA meetings around to get my motivational 3,6 month chips etc I have decided that I need to have a set reward for myself every 3 months of sobriety, as a simple pat on the back is just not going to do it for me.
    I think we all probably need to learn to be nice to ourselves and not feel bad about splashing out a bit of cash on something special to keep us motivated. An amount that pales in comparison to that spent on booze!

I guess I just hope that your are all being good to yourselves and reaping the benefits of your sobriety and remembering that you are worth it!

My 3 months is coming up in 2wks and I am not giving up that massage for a beer!!!

:h xx
    Sober since Jan 17th 09
    Smoke free since 20th Nov 08 :H

Reward system

What a GREAT idea!!
    I got a new IMAC pc for my 6 months sobriety...
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Reward system

Waiting 6 MONTHS for a reward!!!

I am on Day 16 and have already ordered a pair of gorgeous shoes with the money that I would have otherwise spent on wine in the last 2 weeks! I can see that I'm going to enjoy being AF!
      If alcohol made you happy I should be the happiest person alive! I'm not.

Comment

Reward system

LMAO Blue Sky!!!
        No I didnt actually wait 6 months for ANY reward, but that was a BIGGY!!
        I reward myself all the time really with smaller things. pampering and food type stuff...
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Reward system

this is an excellent idea!!mmm what to reward myself with!!
          When you can look a thing in the eye,
          Acknowledge that it exists,
          Call it exactly what it is,
          And decide what role it will play in your life,
          Then my beloved,
          You have taken the first step toward your freedom.
          Iyanla Vanzant

Comment

Working...
          X