Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Time!

Hi Everyone
    I've been observing this site quietly for a while now, I've had two small atempts at quitting five days max!! So I'm pathetic really. This time I'm going to do it! I've read alot of the postings and I'm going to take it a day at a time.
    When I don't drink I love waking up not feeling guilty and also having three hours extra at the end of the day which I remember.
    Coming on here and sharing it I hope works, as I feel I'll be letting you guys down as well as my family.
    This is day one - see you day two!
    Alison

This Time!

Hi overit,
    Glad to have you on on. This is a struggle we all deal with daily. Some days are great some days are pretty bad. I realize I had a problem years ago. Everyone around me knew it, even I knew it. Last Oct. 31 I was arrested for DUI. I blew .20. It was horrible, I was hancuffed, jailed, my teenaged daughter was left home by herself ( husband out of town & I HAD TO PARTY). Since then I needed to confront my drinking, I think this is really I great way. I don't "crave the alcholol" like i use to. Illook back on my drinking life and cringe with embrasement. YOU HAVE NO IDEA. The DUI was the last straw, thank god. It was just God's grace I was listentening to the rado and found MWO. I really think this is going to work. Finding the topomax is diffi

Comment

This Time!

Hi Abby
      Thanks for the encouragement and sharing that with me, poor you it must have been so humiliating. I've had many embarrasing times, luckily most of them I don't remember, Like the time my husband always refers to as that night on holiday, where I scared the kids to death. I always change the subject but to this day I have no idea what I did!
      Alison

Comment

This Time!

Welcome

:welcome:

Alison -

Welcome. You have found a great site with great people who offer a lot of support. Its been a life saver for me. And I have been on and off here for several months. The demon we must address is a difficult one to tame and few here have done it on the first go around (I think - my opinion) so please, do not be so hard on yourself. You can do this and you are doing it right - day at a time -- sometimes for me - hour at a time. I have had months of AF days and then fall. People here help me up and get me "righted." It may take a few times but we'll get to where we need to be so hang in there.

And I don't think there is anyone here who cannot say "You think that's embarrassing?? Wit till you hear this!" There is so much I regret and its those thoughts that keep me coming here. Sometimes, I can barely believe them myself. Hang in there. You can do this. :h

Comment

Working...
        X