Hey Everybody!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Everybody!!!

Its been 3 days since my last drink. I am looking for tips to staying sober. Primarily vitamins and supplements. I know that theyre not a cure. Im looking for something to help reduce cravings.

My plan is to basically eat right and exercise. Any tips would be appreciated. :thanks:

Hey Everybody!!!

I usually feel pretty good. Sometimes I get antsy like trapped in a cage. That usually when I start my drinking binge.

Comment

Hey Everybody!!!

G'Day!

Welcome Dug, your doing good and you've found just the right site for all the help and support you'll need ....................... not to mention a bit of humour here and there!
      :k TheKanga

Comment

Hey Everybody!!!

Hello

Hi Dug

Welcome aboard. Gee, we all know about that "antsy" feeling. But 3 days is really good! Fantastic, I'd say. Dug - have you read the book? It's a really good place to start. Then you can decide whether to go the topa route - it's working for a LOT of people here. Diet and exercise are fantastic but sometimes we need a bit more.

I'd suggest you read as many posts as you can absorb - there's so much good information here - and post questions or join chat. It's a pretty good community.

And, like The Kanga says - a sense of humour can only help.

Look forward to seeing you around

Tawny

Comment

Hey Everybody!!!

Welcome Dug

This is just about as good a group as you will ever find to help you tackle this problem. One supplement I've found that I think really helps is the Kudzu. I am also taking the Topa but if you want to try without I think the Kudzu makes a big difference. You're doing great so far:good: ! keep going!!
          Trish In Omaha

Shepard James 'Shep' Walker: I think it can best be said..."The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
          Sidda: Well, what about the road back? What's that paved with?
          Shepard James 'Shep' Walker
          : Humility.

"Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood
          "

Comment

Hey Everybody!!!

:welcome:

Hi Dug and welcome. Day 3 is great and a big hump to get over. I find the Kudzu invaluable and the Calms forte may help with the jumpiness. Hang in there -- and hang here! Valuable stuff on this site

Comment

Hey Everybody!!!

Welcome, Dug!

Also, L-Glutamine is good, too, Dug, along with the Kudzu and Calms Forte. If you're really having a craving, open up an l-glut and just let the powder dissolve under your tongue. Sounds yukky, but works like a charm! Oh, and you can take it 3x a day to reduce cravings in general!

:welcome: and :good:

Kathy
              AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Hey Everybody!!!

faith

dug wrote: Its been 3 days since my last drink. I am looking for tips to staying sober. Primarily vitamins and supplements. I know that theyre not a cure. Im looking for something to help reduce cravings.

My plan is to basically eat right and exercise. Any tips would be appreciated. :thanks:
                hi dug,

just found this webpage, and your message. know how you feel.....and a tip would be: avoiding anything that'd inspire to drink.....but then we cant lock ourselves up, can we? i wonder what that kudzu herbal stuff is and if this would help?

other than that: you've done three days, that's already more than i'd done lately, so keep it up, and i'll take you as an example and try the same.

congrats!
                maria (from germany)

Comment

Hey Everybody!!!

Hi Dug, all...don't forget to go into the Research forum towards the bottom of the page for lots of info on craving reduction, supplementation to help your particular drinking and physical problem, etc.:welcome:

Here's the quick link to all of them and there are two pages.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=22

Comment

Hey Everybody!!!

Im back from a 2week bender. 1 day sober now after a brutal 2day hangover. I screwed up big time and got another dui. I refused the tests and now my license will be suspended for 3yrs.

Topamax sounds interesting but its expensive and I dont have insurance.

Comment

Hey Everybody!!!

hANG IN THERE

Dug, so sorry you are having such a hard time. I read about your arthritis and replied in your pain management thread. There is a lot of help on this site.

With your knees and hips etc. maybe you can apply for SS disability and that would give you medicare.
                      Or go to Medicaid and see if you can get some medical insurance help there, if your income is low enough.
                      These days people can work part time on disability and you only forfeit part of the monthly income. Contact a disability lawyer. They only get paid when they succeed in getting disabililty for you. A fee is taken out of your award and it is dictated by the law so it costs you nothing.

All the best,

Ivy

Comment

Hey Everybody!!!

I was on disability when in college. Its not even close to enough money to live on. Right now the most theyll pay is $600 a month. If youre working, for every dollar you make they take away .50 cents. So basically its like working for half your wages. I am so sick of being poor.

Comment

Working...
                        X