What's the worst thing........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The worst thing that could happen to me if I couldn't drink . . . Jeez, I can't think of any worst situations except for a fleeting thought of the good taste of a chardonnay. I'll be back. Getting a caffeine free diet coke!
    Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

There is really nothing bad that can happen ,only good can come of NOT drinking , What an amazing question to ask yourself when you are craving that drink

Thank you for that

Comment

Hi B. The worst thing that can happen has been the very fear that has been stopping me from going AF sine I joined MWO. I quit smocking after thirty years three months ago and now can feel the benefit, but it took me ages to make the first move because I was frightened that I just couldn't do it! Life would be intolerable! But it isn't, I just don't wheeze anymore. The fact that others have struggled and succeeded gives me strength and the determination to try. You're an inspiration B. Pro

Comment

I think I'll be a pain in the *ss and make that my question for all Newbies......

Bx
          Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

For me the worst thing would be to feel lonely. This is improving with further time away from the bottle as i develop stronger friendships. Good question.
            Sober since Jan 17th 09
            Smoke free since 20th Nov 08 :H

Comment

An absoutely motivating question.
              .What is the worst thing that can happen if I don't have a drink today?.
              One that I will certainly ask myself tonight before I think about having my first beer.
              I think the worst thing that would happen would be .... I would miss the ......taste of that first beer at the end of the day then I would miss the calm feeling of thinking one more would be great too. Oh who really cares if I have three.
              I would miss argueing with myself. I could live without that for sure.
              Yes ,it's crazy but the worst thing would be loss of envoying a beer. Unfortunately I don't leave it at one beer.
              I end up still having a beer tonight I will ask myself:
              What is the worst thing that will happen if I don't have another.I don't think I need the second. I can do without it. I won't miss it.
              Maybe if that works eventually it might work for the first beer.
              Another day.another plan of action.
              Wannabee in control of my drinking.

Comment

If I don't have a drink today the worst that could happen is I don't have a drink today.
                Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                AF May 23 09 to July 09
                AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

For me the worst thing about not drinking today is that I am feeling very grouchy and aggravated. But, that will pass, and it's really a small thing when I think about it. I'll get through it.
                  Thanks Sweaty!
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                  X