Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will I achieve by having a drink today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What will I achieve by having a drink today? That's the question I woke up and asked myself this morning after dreaming about drinking.

I can't think of an answer.

What would you achieve?
    Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
    AF May 23 09 to July 09
    AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

The only thing to achieve would be giving in to temptation and reducing your bank balance. As for anything else, don't think so!

Comment

Nothing
      Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the know to the unknown."
      Author Unknown :h

AF - Sept 4, 2012
      10 days - Sept 13, 2012
      2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012
      Slip on the weekend but tried too moderate!
      AF - Sept 24, 2012 (get back on the headaches not worth it)
      Slippery slope Oct 1 ..... Trying to not give up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

asking myself the same question

I'm askng myself that same question. I have to meet a friend of mine at the racetrack here in Florida because I need to borrow money from him. I probably would not have to go there if I did not drink this month. I am on my third day AF and feel like hell. They sell dollar beers at the track so i'm putting myself in a bad situation. I can only tell you what I will get if I drink today.I'll be right back to where I was when I stopped. I'll take the money he gives me and drink it away, feel guilt, shame and remorse. It's the same cycle over and over again and it is very painful for me when I stop because my brain depends on the booze to function properly. I go through weeks of feeling horrible. This is no way to live. Anyway, think it through and I hope you can get through the day. If you can you will be proud and quite relieved that you did not give into the temptation to drink.

Comment

Panicked:
          I am trying this along with my wife. She has not cheated, however I started hiding it after two days. When it gets to "cocktail hour", my craving takes over. I drink straight vodka and then have to mask the smell. She has noticed it twice and I just deny it. Today I got some Kudzu and L-Glutamine in the mail, and will try that, but I'm now fooling myself. THIS IS TOUGH!!!

Comment

I would accomplish giving in to my addiction, which equals a big fat NOTHING.

Good luck.
            Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

The Truth is in Ketts's message.

keeta;581795 wrote: I would accomplish giving in to my addiction, which equals a big fat NOTHING.

Good luck.
              "When I drink, I become a person I wouldn't like sober." There is so much truth in that. Thank you for that. It's really got me thinking. In the late 70's I got strung out on Cocaine, and I hated myself when I was high.

Comment

A drink today? I would achieve nothing. I would suffer a setback.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

NOTHING!
                  "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

I could achieve a sore asshole from bubba after being thrown in jail due to being black out drunk.

A little extreme but effective
                    Starting over again 09/06/11

"When its good its good its so good until it goes bad" Pink,Sober

sigpic

Comment

I started this post to get everyone thinking and hopefully to come up with the answer NOTHING, as you did. I just thought it was worth asking ourselves that question each time we want a drink.
                      Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                      AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

Panicked,

Thanks! I have been craving today and have managed to stave them off - came on here for some inspiration and saw this post. Cause yu know what? Drinking today would accomplish nothing except make me feel like crap tomorrow, feel bad about myself, and throw away the AF days I have accomplished.

thanks!
                        Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                        :h

Comment

I would make the other drinkers around me feel better about themselves if I drank. Sad aint it? Good question.
                          Sober since Jan 17th 09
                          Smoke free since 20th Nov 08 :H

Comment

Universal, you are most welcome. Glad this post was of help in your time of need.
                            Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                            AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

absolutely nothing positive...

changemylife.. I want that picture to be my goal, too! hahahaha!
                              Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Working...
                              X