How a little doggie helped me be sober all week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wanted to share this with my friends, maybe even give someone out there a smile.

It was my sons birthday last week, and after MUCH debate, I decided to go for it, and we got a little puppy. Well, for those of you who have had a puppy, it really is like adding a new baby to the family. All week long I was rushing home (when before was drinking) to check on the puppy, making sure he was ok, eating, and basically getting adjusted to his new home. Before I even realized it, I went all week long without one drink, nor did I even have the desire to drink. I realized that it was because of the puppy and the time that I would have normally been drinking was spent with doing things with my son and the puppy, going for walks, the dog park (which are a blast btw).
    I know the newness of the puppy will eventually wear off, and we will settle down into a more normal routine, but for now, I am just happy to have had such a good week not drinking.
    I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Hi ... I love puppies! So nice that you could spend the quality time with your son makes precious memoires ... congrats!
    Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the know to the unknown."
    Author Unknown :h

AF - Sept 4, 2012
    10 days - Sept 13, 2012
    2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012
    Slip on the weekend but tried too moderate!
    AF - Sept 24, 2012 (get back on the headaches not worth it)
    Slippery slope Oct 1 ..... Trying to not give up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Yes and thank you. Sometimes in life you just have to go for things, such as diving in and getting a little puppy. He is making our life very nice (well except for picking up poopies lol). If someone out there has thought about getting a dog, they do make life richer Im finding.
      I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Yippee

I feel your Happy Dance! Yep puppies and kids can really bring a lot of joy.

Congrats on your new puppy and your 5 days, keep on Dancing . . .

Comment

Working...
        X