Here I go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here I go

:new: Okay. I joined yesterday and had a look around. I have said many times that I would quit drinking, but since my mother's death in September I have been a mess. Now, I am drinking too often and too much. I decided after blacking out on Saturday night that I have got to stop poisoning my body. I am not even recognizable from 2 years ago...put on 50 pounds. I am tired of being tired, and sick of being in a bad mood because I feel physically ill 50 percent of the time. I know that I can't drink in moderation...never could. Wish me luck! This is technically day 2 of no alcohol, but I was suffering severe hangover yesterday, so I really consider this to be day 1. I also have a 16 year old that really wants me to stop drinking...and I remember how that feels, because my mom was a lifelong alcoholic until she got sick, and I hated it when I was a child...until I started drinking here and there, of course, but always in excess. Can't have just one...don't want my son to pick up the habit. Luckily his father doesn't drink, and no alcoholics on that side of the family. I hope everyone has a wonderful day. I am going to spend the day cleaning my house and picking myself up...looking forward to being the person I know I really am.

Here I go

:welcome:

Welcome FLgirl!

Firstly, sorry to hear about your mum and secondly, well done on day 2.

Keep reading and posting - I'm sure you will find the support you need.

Downloading Roberta's book is always a good start and I hear the Toolbox thread under Long Term Abstainers is useful.
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Here I go

Hi FLgirl...welcome, I too am new so maybe looking around together will help. I wish you all the happiness that I know you deserve.

Comment

Here I go

Welcome FL girl!! I am new also....was 2 days AF last week and am on day 2 this week...it's not easy but remember we are here to talk to you! :l
        AF Since Sept. 20, 2010!!!

Comment

Here I go

welcome flgirl, i can totally relate to you.
          i have been sober since 1/1/09 and plan on staying that way. it feels really good and you can get there as well. hang out and ask questions, post alot and take the advice you are given. if you really want to abstain from alcohol, come to the abstainer's thread...there are alot of folks trying and doing it who will welcome you with open arms!

peace

Comment

Here I go

Welcome FLGirl ... with a attitude like that you have no choice but to succeed! Congratulations!!!
            Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the know to the unknown."
            Author Unknown :h

AF - Sept 4, 2012
            10 days - Sept 13, 2012
            2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012
            Slip on the weekend but tried too moderate!
            AF - Sept 24, 2012 (get back on the headaches not worth it)
            Slippery slope Oct 1 ..... Trying to not give up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Here I go

FLgirl;582647 wrote: :new: looking forward to being the person I know I really am.
              Welcome FLgirl u will see the person u kow u are real soon.:welcome:

Comment

Here I go

Hey I'm a Florida girl, too, FLgirl. I hope the sunshine I see and blue skies are out your window right now, too.

I'm new here, too. Went 5 days AF last week but need to fix my mindset about the weekend. Can't wait for tomorrow...am still burning off the weekend's alcohol today and I LOVE how each successive morning is clearer and cleaner.

Come here whenever you need a reminder or a boost. I've read some very helpful things from some very helpful people.

Comment

Here I go

Welcome aboard

You are not alone. I had ten years of sobriety, then my Mom died very suddenly right before my eyes. I have been struggling. I am sick of it. I am disgusted with myself and do not want to live like an alkie anymore.
                  "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Here I go

Hey welcome.

i'm glad your starting to become the person the drink took away. i totally understand that. When i joined i was a completely different person. AL stripped everything away from me and left me only caring and thinking about where my next drink would come from. i'm now my old bubbly self who has got her fantastic marriage back, a new fantastic job as a student midwife, i spend all my spare time playing with my baby girl and taking her out to parks. i now love my sober life.

it took me many MANY hundreds of failed attemps but thanx to Antabuse i'm comepletly sober.

Never give up. if i can sort my drinking out... anyone can!!!

Keep posting!

Comment

Here I go

Seacailin, I know how hard watching your parent die is...I was caressing my mom's head telling her I loved her when she died staring right into my face...such a hard memory to get over...But you know what? As hard as that experience is to deal with, I am glad I was there for her. She was sober for the last 12 years of her life after suffering a major heart attack at 48, mostly brought on by years of drinking and smoking and whatever else. She really had a big heart even for her addictions. What I say to myself and what you should say too is they wouldn't want to see us hurting ourselves. That is what I keep reminding myself of to convince myself to straighten up. Neither do the other people in our lives who truly love us.

Thanks for the welcome note!

Comment

Here I go

welcome FLgirl and good luck we are all in this together,i can't believe me and hubby on day 2,it feels fantastic, didn't sleep well but was expecting that'hang on in there.

Comment

Here I go

Happy to now be Day 3

:thanks:

Thank you to all for all of the kind words of support. Day 3 starts today. Didn't sleep good at all...very warm and sweating all night. I think it was the heavy drinking Thurs and Sat. this past weekend. I am feeling better and better though. :thumbs:

Good luck to all to remain AF today, tomorrow, and for your future health! :h

Comment

Here I go

Day 3 for me today too. Day 4 will be in Florida. Very excited. I did not sleep well either, but nice not to have a hangover today. I have so many last minute things to do. My flight leaves at 6am, ugh....Can't wait to see my Dad and older son. He is coming down from South Carolina to join us.
                            FLgirl-My Mom Hated booze, so I know she would not want me drinking. I was into my 9th year AF when she died. She married two alkies and lived through Hell.
                            "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Here I go

I am also on day 3! And didn't sleep well last night or the night before. But I definitely feel more refreshed than if I had a hangover! I haven't felt this great in a while....let's hope making it all the way through day 3 is as easy as possible. Congrats to everyone who is on day 3!! :goodjob:
                              AF Since Sept. 20, 2010!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X