Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Day At a Time Friday April 3rd

Hi Odaters

Hope everyone feeling happy and clear headed this morning.

It's the last day of school before the kids break up for Easter for 2 weeks here in the UK. I am feeling so happy and positive about spending some qualilty time with them. Still, by Monday am sure that they will be driving me crazy!

Since stopping drinking I feel much less anxious, am generally better tempered and more patient. Yet when I was drinking I kidded myself that it didn't effect the kids since I drank when they were asleep and was always up bright and early.

Wishing you all a sober Friday. Friday nights are always tricky!
    If alcohol made you happy I should be the happiest person alive! I'm not.

Hi Bluesky

Hoping for lots of that as we're off to Devon for a week tomorrow (including 4 kids). Looking decidedly grey and yuk here so far - am getting on with the packing whilst they are at school and hubs is at work, a small piece of perfect peace!!!

Plan for next week is to continue with the modding plan which is now working well (or I'm working it well?) don't want to go back to this time last year and the bottle+ of wine a day.... no thanks very much.

Luv to all to come
    Bx

Comment

I'm off to go fishing!! Everybody have a good successful weekend with your goals whatever they may be! :l
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hi all ODAT'rs

Mine get holidays today too. 2 weeks of teenagers!!! enough said.

Enjoy your fishing vacation Greenie. I'm a fishing widow, hubby loves to fish and is off next week to do some.

This is just a quick check in as have loads to do.

Rustop

Comment

Morning ODATers!

Guess I'm not the only early bird - I was up by 5:00. You all sound in good spirits! I woke up feeling pretty good for no particular reason. I'll take it!!

Today is Day 3. Kind of snuck up on me!! My short term goal is 4 days. I know that sounds pretty weak, but I haven't done it in a while...

Here's a funny I got in my email today - thought you'd enjoy:

A WOMAN?s POEM:

Before I lay me down to sleep,
          I pray for a man who's not a creep,
          One who's handsome, smart and strong.
          One who loves to listen long,
          One who thinks before he speaks,
          One who'll call, not wait for weeks.

I pray he's rich and self-employed,
          And when I spend, won't be annoyed.
          Pull out my chair and hold my hand.
          Massage my feet and help me stand.
          Oh send a king to make me queen.

A man who loves to cook and clean.

I pray this man will love no other.

And relish visits with my mother.

A MAN'S POEM:

I pray for a deaf-mute gymnast nymphomaniac with
          big tits who owns a bar on a golf course,
          and loves to send me fishing and drinking. This
          doesn't rhyme and I don't give a crap.

:H

Have a great Friday, everyone!
          Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Good morning ODATers , Seems that its vacation for everyone !! Enjoy!! Its pouring here in Florida ! Sorry guys for all of you in vacation here !! Sea how is vacation af going?? Day 3 for me ! BUt Im ready not do drink this weekend which I wasn't last one !! Enjoy your day everyone !
            :beach:

Comment

LOL - oh Savy, love it!

I'm feeling great today - day 8 both NF and AF. I am trying not too get to cocky as this was not hard at all for me to achieve this time - probably because I scared myslef last week when I had drank so much I honestly was suprised that I woke up. I think that was it for me - the final straw. Especially since if I didn't wake up it would have been my poor little girl who would have found me - that's enough to scare me sober.

I have a trip to go on in the beginning of May - not sure what my plan is for that yet but I do know that my plan is for a sober April - after that we'll see. For now I'm going to take it ODAT.

I hope everyone has a great Friday and keeps to their goals. I have a busy day and night so that should help to make it easier!

Love and hugs,
              uni
              Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
              :h

Comment

Thats awesome Uni !! Btw savon I love that poem!!!
                :beach:

Comment

Good Morning ODATers!

Savon, I loved the poems. I like to start my day with a good laugh:H
                  Uni, great job, keep up the great work!
                  Hello to Decastille, MM, Greeneyes, Rustop, and Blue Sky. Hello to everyone that follows.
                  I wish everyone going on Holiday to have a safe and fun trip.

The sun is going to be out all weekend and we will be reaching almost 70 on Sunday! I am so excited to get some work done outside and soak up the rays!

Have a wonderful day and a great weekend.

Comment

Working...
                  X