ODAT - MONDAY (check in everybody!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 1 again here in windy FL. Got through day 5 last week then Friday night brought an end to that. Imbibed a bit with hubby over the weekend but back on the AF lifestyle this week. Feels great already...though I'm out of fizzy water and craving it big time. Trip to the store on the books.

Comment

Welcome Phil, Hang in there . you will soon be feeling so much better !! Yoga..day 1 again for me ...and will do yoga tonight .i love it..back to my goals..
      :beach:

Comment

Checking in ODATers!!!
        Working on Day 6 AF today....never done this before....probably since I was pregnant....my son is 7!!!! SAD!!! Oh well....I feel great....super happy today!!!! If one of these teachers doesn't kick my butt, I may be forced to kick my own chipper behind!!!! LOL!!! Good luck reaching your goalg today!!
        "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
        7/29/12

Comment

God I was getting SO tempted!!!!!

I was just posting a reply to Phil in HK's post and saying how I was getting tempted here in UK as it was 6.45 pm and it was my witching time and to make matters worse hubbie was still out on a blinking boozy business lunch still (!) and my girls away at my in-laws and there was still a 1/2 bottle of chilled white in the fridge and I was SO having to be strong when I thought - WHAT?!?!? I'm a 42 intellegent woman FFS .... so I got up off my ar*e .... and poured it down the sink!!!! I feel quite liberated now!!!!!! I can still smell it round the kitchen but feel really really strong and proud and do you know, am just about to give myself a big POB (pat on back!!!!) :applaud: GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!!:lxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Way to go Photo girl!!! It does feel liberating when you pour it out doesn't it. I know anytime I've ever poured out anything it's like "There - screw you AL, you don't have control of me now!"

Have a great day guys!
            Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
            :h

Comment

Hey Photogirl

Well Done on pouring the chilled wine. I am on Day 29!!! But have had absolutely no wine in the house since I started. I could not have achieved this if wine had been easily accessible. I even got as far as the supermarket on the evening of Day 10 but luckily having to make a trip in the car gave me time to reflect and change my mind. Wierd though that other alcohol in the drinks cupboard hasn't bothered me at all?? Wine is my poison.

Must confess that I am really looking forward to a glass of wine now the end is close. Just hoping that I can be sensible otherwise another 30 days is on the cards!

Hiya to all the other ODATers. Where is Lonely One?
              If alcohol made you happy I should be the happiest person alive! I'm not.

Comment

Wow - Photogirl - good for you!! You do deserve a POB!! ( I really do have to get used to these acronyms!).

Bluesky - you are almost at 30 days, so well done. I too have a problem with wine in the house, no matter what other booze is present. But this time, i am doing it with about half a batch of wine bottled and in my basement. Out of sight/out of mind, right???? Ya, right!!! But so far, I have been stronger than the pull of the wine down there, and I just hope this continues!!

Hi to all you ODAT winners out there!
                xoxo peanut

Comment

Thanks Guys!!!!

Thanks Universal, Bluesky and Peanut:l!!!
                  As in the words of the GOS (God of Soul! himself !) James Brown .... "I feel Good ... and I knew that I would now !!!!!". Well done you guys too! It's 9.20 pm now in the UK and I've got the kettle on, hubby feeling crap after eventually coming back after his boozy business lunch at 7.00 pm (ahh bless :H) so he's in bed now and will feel totally :upset: in the morning and I'll be like :wings: 'cos that 1/2 bottle went down the sink. I just hope that I can be so blinking super-blinking super-cilious next time I feel so tempted!!!!!!!!! See you in ze morning for my AF day 2! :goodjob: you all!!!!!:lxxxxxx

Comment

Good for you Photogirl for pouring it down the sink :goodjob:
                    Blue wow so proud of you you did it!!!!:wd::happy:
                    I was wandering also where is Lonely one????
                    :beach:

Comment

Wow - Photogirl! I've only done that Once in my life. I just can't bring myself to pour "good" liquor out...!!

But I did make it through the day. I really didn't have the urge at all. Probably because I started drinking yesterday later than usual, so FELT it this morning!!

I'll worry about tomorrow... tomorrow!
                      Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Working...
                      X