AF April April 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF April April 7

I'm back from sunny Florida and sitting in cloudy Ohio at 27 degrees F. Reality bites! Still and all, there IS no place like home. I slept like a log last night!

How is everyone doing?
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

AF April April 7

Hey there Dill!
    Glad to here you made it back safe and sound. I don't know what it is about sleeping in your own bed, but I agree...that's what I look forward to most when I get home!!! I'm on Day 7...can't believe it...I honestly can say...it does get easier...I never believed ANY of you guys when you sais that!!! I couldn't get past how bad days 2-4 sucked!!!:H But now all I keep thinking is...ok day 10 (1/3 of the way done...then 5 more days, half way...ok....baby steps!!!) I just might be able to pull this thing off!!! Look at me--I go ALMOST 7 days and I think I'm a super star:H Anyway..I better get to work...glad you had a good trip....nice to have you back!!!
    Good Morning to all those to come---hope all had a goal reaching evening last night!!!
    "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
    7/29/12

Comment

AF April April 7

Hey gang, me too, me too!!! Day 7 today.
      Feeling really good. Actually, I was soooooooo tired last night, about 10 minutes before I was going to go to the gym, I sat down on my bed and crashed. BF kissed me goodbye 10 minutes later and went without me. Got up for a bit more and then back to bed. I seem to be needing so much sleep! Must be the months (years?) of sleep deprivation that I am trying to catch up on. So, I have some oatmeal cooked for myself (not my usual fair!) and I'll be ready to head out to work earlier than usual. Bussing and walking again - trying to save on gas (money and environment) and get that 50minute walk in at the end of the day.

Oooh - Dill - not too warm where you are! It is supposed to go to +8C for us, not sure what that is in F, but probably in the 40's? Will run in a t-shirt at lunch if it hit that mark. (I know, wierd!) Did you stay AF last night?

SD - you are doing so great, and so happy and positive. It is amazing, isn't it. I am kinda worried about day 10 - it seems a bit slip-up point for me, whenever I have gone longer stretches. But NOT THIS TIME!!!! Let's keep rootin' for us all!!

Hello to everyone else to come - have a super day today!!!
      I'm off!
      xoxo peanut

Comment

AF April April 7

Hi Dill, and nice to meet you (in the virtual sense)..have read some of your other posts - very interesting to read! Though I don't know how you can deal with 27 F, when it gets to 9C here (about 48F), the cold weather warning is issued! We had a frost once a few years ago on the top of the hills and it made the newspaper headlines

Peanut, great job, fantastic progress..I'm taking your lead and trying to make sure I tire myself out too much to think about anything to drink! Although I am off work this week, I am looking forward to tiring myself out a bit, since before the hot season sets in, I walk to and from work which is about an hour's fast walk each direction and it's uphill both directions of course

SD - Also great to meet you in the virtual sense..I am on Day 2, and yes it really does suck so to speak! But I get great inspiration from everyone here who says it really does get a bit easier after a few days..but I'm glad I have moved from taking it One Minute at a Time to One Hour at a Time! ODAT should come soon!

Take care everyone and best wishes

Comment

AF April April 7

Phil - cold warning?!?!?! Here I am getting excited to go out running in +8C - will probably be bared armed. But, this past winter, we were running in temps down close to -40C, so everything is relative. Keep up that brisk walking - it does tire a person out!!
          Did you sleep last night, being day 1 for you?
          xoxo peanut

Comment

AF April April 7

Pnut, I don't know how to convert Farenheit to Celsius. I think I'll google that sometime. Anyhow, not only is it cold, but it is windy and snowing. At least the snow isn't sticking. It's so sad to see the early blooming trees surrounded by flurries. Pretty, but sad. Well, it's really OK. I mean, that happens in Spring. This too shall pass, just like a craving!

I did manage another AF day yesterday, and will do so today. Total: 12! In two days I will be able to say 'two weeks'. I had my doubts that I would ever get past a week. It has gotten easier, just like people say. Still, I have thoughts. The most devilish one is: "You're doing so well! Now that you have such sefl control, you should be able to have just one..." But then I remind myself of all the work it took to get this AF time together and I move on.

Phil, nice to 'meet' you, too! Congrats on day 2. I wish you strength to continue. SD and I both had a problem getting passed day 4. Tried several times before we managed it! I think Pnut was in that rut, too. Anyhow, day 4 seems to be a bug-a-boo. So, again, I wish you strength , not luck! I look forward to hearing more from you.

I just might be able to pull this thing off!!! Look at me--I go ALMOST 7 days and I think I'm a super star
            SD, That is so TRUE! I feel just like a Superstar, and how funny is that! I mean, could you imagine bragging to a "normal" person how cool you are because you haven't had a drink in 7 days?!! Are we warped, or what?!!! Well, yes, actually, I guess we ARE! :H Oh, I hope I'm not offending you, or anyone else. I do
            think you are a superstar, because I know how much strength it takes.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

AF April April 7

Oh Dill - the weather does sound rather yucky - welcome home, eh??
              SD - you ARE a superstar - we all are!!

I went for a run at lunch and ran down to see my homeopath, as I was running out of Milk Thistle and he would rather I take one of the homeopathic concoctions. I told him how great I was feeling, and how amazed I was I had no AL cravings and am actually sleeping. He said it is the Avena Sativa (sp? - from wild oat) as it is used for a variety of issues, from alcohol problem, insomnia due to alcohol problems, among other things - great for sexual function too - that's never a bad thing, now is it!!!!! Ha!!! So he was very pleased with my progress and I am so happy I went an saw him last week. I'm not sure I would have had the success I have had this past week if I hadn't made that phone call.

Phil - you're in HongKong - there must be alot of Traditional medicine happening there. Ever look into it??

I have to run and license my dog (grrr... what a money grab!!) at the Vet college across the street.
              Hope the remainder of your AF day is grand everybody!
              xoxo peanut

Comment

AF April April 7

Hi everyone , just have a few minutes want to say hello and great job everyone !! JUst finish a great catering job for 250 priest... I'm exhausted but in a good way !! I love it...
                Dill its cold today in Florida (its only in the 60's ) cold front !! glad you had some good weather when you were here!! here is the formula to convert 8 c X 2 = 16 + 32 + 48 f .
                Hi Peanut I think I will go get some of that avena stuff?? You are doing so good !!!!!
                HI PHil ..How are you today ! Im on day 2 also..
                Hi SD Day 7 ! wow .. THat's awesome !! keep going!! talk to you guys later...
                De
                :beach:

Comment

AF April April 7

Whoa Dilly abd Peanut !!!!!!!!!!! Yall are rockin right along! Im so proud of yall! Keep it up! Dill - glad you had a good time in the FLA...I'm really jealous though - I'm gonna have to get some time at Tybee (in Savannah) Island as soon as school is out. and since being AF I am down 17 lbs!!!!! How's that for incentive? Anyway, I am so glad to hear how good the two of you are doing.

Peanut, if the homeopath imparts anymore wisdom, please share. I find all of that very interesting-anything to help

Hey to everybody else, don't really know yall-but we can change that!

Time to cook

Bye!
                  Cat
                  Catawprint:

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
                  -Alan Cohen

Comment

AF April April 7

Hi Cat! Great to see you. I'm so glad you're joining in here. Thanks for the weight info. Is that with trying to lose or just a side affect of cutting out alc? I have not lost any, but then again, it hasn't been that long, and I was on vacation.

decastille, thank you! How did you know that? Are you a walking encyclopedia of math formulas, or did you look it up? Either way, I'm impressed, and thank you!

Pnut, I'm glad you made that phone call, too! Very interesting info. I'm going to be googling again.
                    Dill

Comment

AF April April 7

Phil-nice to meet you too!! Keep going-it WILL get easier!!
                      Dill I think you are AWESOME!!!! I can't believe how perfect timing your post came!!! I'm sitting at my parents...whole family is here...talking about the house I'm likely out an offer on tomorrow...sitting around the table drinking wine and beer....omigosh do I want one SOOOOOO bad.....for gosh sakes, it's the MOST stressful for me!!!! NOT THEM!!!! AHHHHH!!!! "I'm the superstar, I'm the superstar"---right Dill???:H
                      DAY 7--this one was a BITCH!!:H
                      Thanks Peanut and DE for your support as well--love you guys!!! (gals!!):l
                      SD
                      "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                      7/29/12

Comment

AF April April 7

Dill, Im a Canadian living in Florida for 12 years but all our family is still there!! I always have to convert for them..hope you guys had a great night...its 9pm and i just got home from work been on my feet all day since 8am ..im tired but sooooo happy to be busy...great day!!!!
                        :beach:

Comment

Working...
                        X