Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I am new.

Hello,

I am 42 yrs old, 3 great kids 20, 17 and 7 yrs, very happily married for 21 yrs.
    I have been reading the posts for few months. Finally, after drinking 4 bottles of wine (750ml - OUCH!) yesterday I decided I need to stop and join MWO. I will need your support!

Like most people here, I hide the al from my husband, who thinks I only drink 1 bottle a day. That is true only 1 or 2 times a week, most days it is 2-3 bottles for the past 5 yrs.

Today, it is now 6 pm here and I did not have a drink yet. I do not feel too bad, just shaky hands. And tingling in my arms and legs. Is tingling part of withdrawal??

We do not have anything at home and I am typing this while my son has his sport activity instead of running to the Liquor Store.

Please wish me luck!
    Thanks for listening.

Zum

Hi, I am new.

Hi Zum,

I'm fairly new myself, as I just found this site last week. But welcome to you, and I'm glad you are making the choice to make a difference! I imagine any goofy feelings you end up having in the next few days can be attributed to withdrawal, so as long as it doesn't become unbearable, just try to endure it for a few days and the worst will be over!

Good Luck!
    "With forward movement, you are bound to encounter turbulence." - I dono

Comment

Hi, I am new.

Welcome Zum....this place will help you. Lots of threads to join and be a part of..........people here have been their and done that ! IAD
      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
      Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hi, I am new.

Hi, Mamazum, and everyone,
        Yep, you are definitely in the right place. I'm new here, too, as this is only my second week reading and posting. Today is Day 3 AF for me, trying for Day 4... I am a wine drinker, too, and also pretty good at hiding it from my sweet husband. Let's stick together, and surely we can beat this thing.

I'm really glad that everyone here made me feel welcome. Mamazum, I hope you feel welcomed with open arms. It is a true relief to talk to people who really understand. Good luck, and keep up the good work. It is now 6:40 where you are, and I'm hoping you are still just where you want to be.

Comment

Hi, I am new.

Hello

Hello,

I came across this site some time ago but I have going the route of AA not very successfully. I stop for a few days and then start again. Everyone says give it up and you will feel great but I feel worse. I don't have my red wine to relax me and therefore dont' sleep. I really don't want to drink - I am on the verge of losing everything. I just got the Naltexone and I have this will help but my husband lost it after I tied to drink on it. Does anyone have experience with this drug to help control drinking? :new:

Comment

Hi, I am new.

Thank you all for your welcome! Waiting for your posts kept me from going to the store!!! Now it is too late, have to pick up my 7 yr old in 10 minutes. I will be back later.

Mica......great job! Yes, we will beat it!

Zum

Comment

Hi, I am new.

:welcome:
              Welcome Zum
              Im 44 years old mother of 2 beautiful girls 20 and 17 ,an married for 21 years like you..and also been drinking wine and hiding it. But with the help of so many wonderful people here and friendships that you will built and support you can change your life for the better. Take the suppl ,read the book, keep posting ,read a lot of post , we are all here..
              Des
              :beach:

Comment

Hi, I am new.

Welcome, everyone! You've found the right place! I've only been here since last August, but what a change in my life!!! I, too was in danger of losing everything, thought I was the only person who did the 'terrible' things I was guilty of, thought I was the biggest loser and couldn't possibly ever be long-term sober. I was wrong, thank God and MWO.You will find support, information, acceptance, humor, friendship, etc. here, and the place you can tell all to no matter what happens in your journey. It's not easy, and all your problems won't disappear when you beat AL, but life suddenly seems worth living, and actually enjoyable and peaceful again.
                sigpic
                Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Hi, I am new.

Hello all good people!

Yesterday, after 20 hours AF, i was shaking and nauseous so much, that i decided to run to the pizza place and get some beer. I bought 3 cans of Coors Light.
                  drank 2 within 3 hours, dumped the third one. I was proud of myself.

Now on the second thought, I am mad that after 20 hrs I gave in.
                  But still better than 2-3 bottles of wine, don't you think?

Today, I am planning to be AF!!!

Love,
                  Zum

Comment

Hi, I am new.

Hello and Welcome Mica, Ann, and Zum.

I wish you all well as you begin your journey.
                    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Hi, I am new.

MamaZum; Isn't this a great virtual meeting place? I am new, too, and commend you on the trust you've shown to us by sharing your wine consumption stats. I love it that there is not one judgemental statement in this thread. And yes, a couple of Coors Light is an awesome substitute and stepping down. Some experts I've been reading say that's not a bad thing -- i.e. reducing in an intermediate step rather than going to total abstinence overnight. Congratulations!

Comment

Hi, I am new.

mamazum, very well done to you. i wish i could stop but am so afraid to. i have reduced from 2 bottles of wine to 1 but still, cant imagine not having the one. so good for you, you are inspiring me, even if you are new here!

Comment

Hi, I am new.

forgot to say, i am 43 with 2 kids, 9 and 6 and a wonderful hubbie who is too soft on me and tells me everything is fine when i know it is not

Comment

Hi, I am new.

Hey, Lostagain
                            You are on the right track, halving your intake. Little bitty steps get us where we are going, and you have taken a BIG step cutting down to one bottle. Don't get scared, just keep taking those steps in the right direction.

How's everyone doing looking at the weekend coming up? Good luck, you guys.

Comment

Hi, I am new.

Welcome MamaZum, happy to have you here. I agree with Wally it is the mental withdrawal, triggers and habits that take the longest to overcome however it can be done. You will gain strength from the many members here who have done just that.
                              "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Working...
                              X