Naps may be the answer to feeling better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 9 af and haven't slept right since I stopped drinking. I was sooo tired today that I was going to drink. They say in aa that being tired is one of the four triggers to a relapse. Anyway, before I ran out the door to drink I decided to lay down. As soon as I hit the bed I couldn't move that is how tired I was. Got a little sleep and to my surprise woke up feeling much better and the urge to drink was lifted. I never take naps but I am going to try and discipline myself to lay down when I feel that bad. Just thought I would post this for all the new comers. May help.

Hey Jackson,
    Congratulations on day 9! You are DOING it! A nap when you feel like it?, yep, whatever it takes. I hope good sleep comes your way soon. It will, hang in there...............G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hey JC, I am the nap queen! I nap everytime I feel the need (I am lucky as I am not working at the moment) But it really does help. I have had fatigue really badly, its lifting now, but for me battiling it instead of having a lay down would have been a sure fire way of sending me back to the bottle, pills, or cigs...
      Well done on Day 9!!!
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

day nine is brilliant I have read your posts and know its been harsh ..total understatment but go you well do your beating this x Take care

Comment

Working...
        X