Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to quit - advice?

Last10str!
    Do not jump the gun yet!! I have dissapointed myself and every1 on this board too.
    I am Day behind I messed up today! 4 driks instead of 2. Still...better than 2 btls of 14% wine!

Laststr.......Keep n touch!
    zumstr

Comment

Trying to quit - advice?

Last 10 years

Not everyone gets insomnia when they quit. The first 2 weeks I couldn't stop sleeping. I was exhausted from years of poor quality sleep due to passing out rather than natural sleep. It was as if my body wanted to get every moment of good sleep while it could before I went back to my bad old drinking ways! I never knew sleep could be so refreshing!
      If alcohol made you happy I should be the happiest person alive! I'm not.

Comment

Trying to quit - advice?

Took half a sleeping pill last night and seemed to get 6 hours...feel great today! No shakes yet or anything like that. Might be early, but my brain feels pretty clear today! Zum - don't get discouraged...a night off pace might not have been what was intended, but you are aware, keeping track and still having huge improvements versus the "past"....?

Comment

Trying to quit - advice?

I use Calms Forte for anxiety and sleep problems. You might also try Valerian root. Good stuff.
          "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Working...
          X