24 Hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24 Hours

Made it officially to my first 24 hour mark without my 2 bottles of red wine. Proud, even though it's one day. First time I can remember in 10 years that I wasn't at least "buzzed" before bed. Not a real comfortable day nor can I say I'm real comfortable now, but hey, I've earned the WDs that I'm going to encounter over the next several days. Detox first then formulate my plan to carry on thereafter. Cheers to all for the support...anybody struggling with WD's, stay strong...they have to eventually go away!

24 Hours

I can surely relate to the WD..but can also relate to the proudness of making it through them. Keep on the right path...1 day is better than NO DAYS....each day it will get better. Just know there is a BRIGHT light at the end of the tunnel.
    Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

24 Hours

yes they do and it only gets better and better stay strong and keep thinking positive
      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

24 Hours

Well done, last10!
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

24 Hours

Hey last I am right there with ya going through it now too. I will be thinking of you and hope you feel better soon.
          TM
          One out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced. Think of your 3 closest friends...If they seem OK then you are the one.

Comment

24 Hours

Keep going, LastTen! I'm completing Day Five, never thought I'd get here...I feel pretty good except for tremendous fatigue despite sleeping like a log. I was drinking two bottles a night. You have a great positive attitude and that's what helps! Every day will get better and better, just rest, take care of yourself. You were smart to do this over the weekend!

Ann

Comment

24 Hours

Congrats Day10,
              The first day is the hardest, it was for me - each day since then has been easier & easier. 15 days today for me and I feel great. Still a little tired but that also could be due to Spring allergies.......
              Continue to take care of yourself, pamper yourself a bit. You are worth it
              Best wishes for day 2.

Lavande
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

24 Hours

Thanks for all the support and as I go through my struggles, I would love to hear how all of you are doing! Today is day 2 and believe it or not, I don't feel bad at all. The shakes haven't started and I'm in a solid mood...not what I was expecting! I did take 1/2 a sleeping pill and got 6 hours last night...I'm sure the sleep helped. I was still just plain wired last night at 1:00AM (long after my usual pass out period of 10:30PM with my ex-friend Red). Hope to hear from you! Wow...day 2...it was in the '90's since I last had this experience!

Comment

24 Hours

Woo hoo! well done lasty!
                  Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                  Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

24 Hours

Well done.
                    Try and keep busy and your wits about you. Don't give that little voice that wants to drink any airtime.

Comment

24 Hours

good for you 10 years,love when i hear that,all you can work on is but one day at a time,good luck to you gyco

Comment

Working...
                      X