AF April 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF April 11

Hi eveybody! Welcome to the AF April thread MamaZ and last10!:welcome::welcome: It's great to have you along. And good job on deciding to take control of your drinking and your lives! Thanks for the congrats, MamaZ. I must confess that for me it's been a long time trying and this is the first time I've made this many days straight. I've had many slips, but I did not and will not give up. It really feels good to be AF and I don't want to give it up. It truly gets easier to fight off cravings the more AF time I have. Still thinking about drinking, but just letting the thought pass. In case you are wondering, I was a nightly wine drinker. I was up to nearly 2 bottles a night and was progressing. I was a closet drinker. (yeah! Like I really pulled that off!)

Pnut, You make my knees hurt! I'm going to have to double up on my glucosamine/condroitin capsules. Sheesh!:H I made another day, so we are both doing good. As you know, I have tried before joining these 30 day threads ( most notably, March) and didn't make it past 4 days, then 7 days. I can't believe I've made it this far.

1mc, where does the acupuncturist place the needles for drinking cessation? Or did you go to him/her for a different ailment? I had a friend who went for chronic back pain and it helped her for that.

Have a great day everybody!
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

AF April 11

Morning everybody

Up early today getting my son off for an early morning (8am) shift at his work - poor dude - hope he got enough sleep, as he didn't get in until really late last night. And I didn't sleep well at all, coughing all night. I thought I was beating this cold, but it appears I was wrong. Still, it's not as bad as alot of colds I usually have, where I try to kill them with wine!

Dill - those down hills ARE hard on the knees, which is why we have to practice as much as we can. Our leg 4 (out of 5) runner didn't register for the race on time, so we are missing a person on our Death Race team. Very discouraging. So I keep trying to convince the leg 1 girl (easier leg) to do the very difficult leg2 that I was to do (27km) and I will do leg 4 (38km), as it will be easier to find a leg 1 racer to join us - Aiy!!! What the hell am I thinking?!?! She is so funny, cuz she keeps saying she is old to do this at 37 (?), so I have to remind her she's not that old - I'll be 48 when I do the race, and I smoke (just 2/day when not drinking) and just off the old litre plus of wine per day problem. So if I can do it, (which I guess we'll see at the time!) then so can she. right??

Oiy - gotta go back to bed for a while, then off for another run this afternoon. Supposed to hit +15C today - yesss!!!! A beautiful day 11 AF!!

Greetings to all to come to this thread. This daily check in really, really helps me - I feel somehow accountable for my actions when I keep in touch. Obviously, the past few months I haven't stayed close enough, and really did not have alot of AF good fortune. So, you newbies - stay close, don't go too far from your computers!! Keep us posted on your progress at all times!!

xoxo peanut

Comment

AF April 11

Hey there Dill and Peanut!!
      You'll have to check out my post in ODAT....I was talking about the difference I see (or more so what others see) since I've joined MWO 3 months ago. Pretty 'slap in the face' reality check I had last night at my parent's house...in an actual picture!

All good...Day 11 here too!!! Feeling great!!! What I noticed too at my parent's last night is my step dad has pretty much stopped drinking when I'm there...then told me last night he realized how much they were drinking and there was really no point to it and had to ask himself 'why'. I've found we sit in the living room and visit more now...which I don't think we really ever have in the 10+ years my parents have been married. Amazing how relationships begin to change...for the better!!
      My mom said...Everything has just been better the last 3 months...everything....there hasn't been one negative drawback to you joining MWO and stopping/controlling the drinking!!
      She's right...I feel amazing!!!
      Well ladies...I need to take my son to Target...he got 10 bucks from his auntie in an Easter card burning a hole in his pocket!!!
      Happy Saturday!!
      Will check back later!!!
      "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
      7/29/12

Comment

AF April 11

hi everyone
        doing well today. dill, the needles for alcohol withdrawl and cravings are place on the ear lobe. he also places needles on my legs to detox my liver and on my scalp for depression. it really works the only thing is that insurance doesn't cover it so it's $100 per session but it is worth it.

hope everyone has a great easter!
        :lilheart: "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people"
        ~Jennifer Beals~:huggy

Comment

AF April 11

Pnut, I can't imagine doing what you are doing. I am 57, but even at 47 I wouldn't have been able to. I am a "sprinter" and never could do the longer runs. I always was impressed by those who could. And I am very impressed with you. Especially with your cold. I bet the endorphins you create through all that exercise help you stay AF. You say it's important for you to check in each day. It is for me too. And I am happy to hear about everone's efforts.

SD, I am really excited for you. You are doing AWESOME!

1mc, thanks! I wonder how long the treatment lasts before you have to have another. Or is it a one time treatment? You are always so good about responding. It means a lot to me. Especially on weekends. I don't feel quite as alone in the battle, if you know what I mean.

Yesterday noon I met a girlfriend for lunch. It was her birthday and I promised to take her to lunch. We met at Applebee's and the first thing she did as soon as the waitress came was order a double absolut vodka tonic. It was like she couldn't get the words out fast enough. She was acting kind of funny and I suspect she had been drinking before she arrived. She knows I am trying not to drink, so she was OK with it when I said I was just having water. But she did offer me a sip of hers. I declined. You know where THAT would have gotten me! Anyway, I really didn't have a hard time not drinking along with her. But I worried about her. She has issues with alc, and I don't think drinking before noon, even if it is your birthday is a good sign! Oh well. I know she wants to taper down, but she is at the stage where she thinks she can mod. I'm not so sure!

I hope you all had a nice day.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
          X