Question for us getting started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably a stupid question, but I'm on day two of the recovery process...is it common to WD for several hours in the AM, only to feel better in the afternoon and then maybe go back into the uncomfortable WDs again in the evening? One hour I feel like this isn't so bad and the next I feel like I'm trying to sort through a million thoughts while wiping the sweat off of me...just looking for some support as this is my first shot at this quitting stuff (and hopefully, hopefully last). Thanks!

Yeah for me I'm fine if I'm at work and keeping busy. It's after work while sitting around doing nothing or trying to sleep that I find the hardest.

Comment

The first few days I was all over the place. I didn't have much in the way of physical withdrawal symptoms; a little shaking and nausia for a few days, but my head was a mess. I couldn't concentrate on anything. I was exceedingly moody and a general pain in the arse. I'm still a bit short of concentration after three dry months but I think that may a longer lasting result of the years of abuse my brain suffered.
      It will get better but it also might get worse before it does. (I'm not trying to dishearten, just being realistic)
      Stay strong. It's worth it.

Comment

I am here for you. Everyday in everyway.....It does get better and IT IS SOOOO VERY worth going thru this to get where you want to be....SOBER !!!
        sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

your ok

I have 11 days af and I am up and down. You might go through this for awhile but you will start to feel leveled out in time. Everyone is different. For me the withdrawal process is very harsh i think because I used alcohol everyday to numb myself so when I take the alcohol away cold turkey it is a shock to my entire system. Feel severely fatigued, cannot concentrate, irritable etc. I am taking Campral and I think it may be helping me somewhat. I am having periods during the day where my withdrawals lift and like yourself comeback. The fact that they are lifting is a good sign. At least your not suffering all day and night. Just hang in there and do not pick up. Thats the only way to get through this.

Comment

:upset: Hi Last10,

how are you doing?

today is Day1 for me again, and the sweating and nausea are horrible! I too was wondering, how long this will last.? We can get thru this, we just can't give in!!!

Comment

i feel so much more relaxed when not drinking. my problem time of day is coming home after work. i don't feel like going home. i've been alone for too many years and it's always the same sad feeling there when i know i'll go home to no one special. i seem to be okay on days off though... oddly enough. i am back to day1.

Comment

Working...
              X