AF April 12 Easter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF April 12 Easter

Hello all! It's a beautiful day, although somewhat brisk this morning. I hope you all are well. I had my first ever alc dream last night. I didn't actually drink in it. I just bought a big bottle of wine and was planning on drinking it. The theme of the dream was 'Can I handle this?' and a side theme was 'Will I be letting anyone down?'. So, even in my dreams, alc brings more problems than pleasure to me at this point! LOL.

Well, enough about me. How are you all doing? Let's have an AF Easter!

Happy Easter!
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

AF April 12 Easter

Morning to all (or late afternoon here)...hope you have a great Easter! I'm heading out for a walk on the beach to celebrate a surprisingly clear head (temp is still hot here...ugh)!!! Please have a happy day and a wonderful Easter. I don't know you folks yet, but everybody has been so helpful! Hope I can repay the favor some day! Have a great day! Last10

Comment

AF April 12 Easter

Dill,

Oh yes-the AL dreams. Those are rather bazaar aren't they? In mine, I dreamt I was lost, dragging around a 6 foot tall cooler on wheels with full and empty bottles of beer. As you said, AL causes us trouble even in our dreams. So many people have them so I figure they are just part of the recovery process. Hang in there!!
      AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

AF April 12 Easter

Happy Easter!! A rather gloomy Day 12 AF out there!!! But no matter - got a turkey in the oven for an early supper (the guys rooted for turkey instead of ham) and will go back to bed for a bit. Times sure change - used to be my kids would be up at the crack of dawn on Easter, me moaning "please, just 10 more minutes!" Now I wonder if those boys will be up before 1:00 o'clock!

Dill - I haven't had alot of AL dreams, just one bizarre one a month or so back. They are strange - evil AL can, invading our dreams like that!!
        Last10 - where are you in this world by a beach where the temps are hot? I think I could use some hot weather and sunshine - I am so pasty white!!!
        Hey lilmea!
        Hi to everyone else who managed to check in here today!

I was only the tiniest bit tempted last night sitting in the pub for hours with that beer swilling crowd. At one point, there were 3 full jugs of beer on the tables (I think they went through 8 pitchers), and I said, hey,looks like I should be helping you guys out with that. To which I got a resounding "no, don't do it!!" My pals are rooting for me, although a few say, hey, it's beer, not wine, so what's the problem. I will not ruin my AF streak with beer, or any other alc beverage!!! I am stronger than that, right?!?!?!

OK - back to bed for a bit, it's so nice and quiet.
        xoxo peanut

Comment

AF April 12 Easter

Hey there Everyone!!
          Day 12 AF April!!
          WoW!! Still can't believe it!! Yesterday I went to a different gas station to buy out popsickles....we've bought out 2 stations so far...well this one sells beer, wine and liquor too. I saw the wine I drank and walked over to the "BIG" bottle I would buy...you know...the value bottle, to save money...and just stood there and stared at it in disbelief!!! Almost gagging!!! How did I drink that whole thing...and probably more on occasion?? I had absolutely NO PROBLEM WHAT-SO-EVER walking away!!!! I was disgusted!
          Ok with that said....Happy Easter everyone...happy thoughts!!!! Happy thoughts!!! This has been the best month ever!!! I'm so glad I'm doing this with you guys (gals)!!! Thanks so much for all your support...I look forward to checking with you everyday!!!
          :hug:
          SD
          "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
          7/29/12

Comment

Working...
          X