Need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help

Just starting and really scared. This site seems really encouraging and maybe talking to others who understand will help. Only Day 1 but I am determined to get through it and keep reading everything on this site. It is great knowing understanding people are out there

Need help

How are you feeling today on day one? I am getting ready to start and am really scared too. I have a pretty visable and stressful job and am worried about side effects and withdrawl.... How are you dealing?

Comment

Need help

Welcome!

Hello Ragdoll.
      I'm glad your here. My first day here was last Tuesday and I am so happy I found this site. Since then my drinking has shrunk to about 1/4 of what I had been consuming. I haven't woken up with a hangover in 6 days. The self loathing has all but disappeared.

Best thing for me has been this site. I have a lot of hope now. The caring people who share stories and give support have made a huge difference from when I used to try to quit on my own. I don't feel alone anymore and I had felt so incredibly alone even though there are people all around me.

My supplements and hypno cd's just arrived this morning and I'm anxious to try the hypno cd's. I'll let you know how it goes.

I haven't had a drink since Saturday!

Once again... I'm glad your here! Keep reading the posts... that's what really helped me!

Comment

Need help

Welcome aboard, It does help alot to know that you are not alone in your battle with alcohol. Stay close, read alot, ask questions. we are all in this together and together we can all HEAL !!!!
        sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Need help

Day by day you can beat this thing! Check in alot- there's tons of info here. We're all on this journey and help each other.
          Blessings
          Toughen up!

Comment

Need help

Thank you everyone for replying. So far I am still determined and the cravings are easy, but .... I have been here before. Hopefully I will be as strong tomorrow, but will definitely stay on board.

Comment

Need help

Rag, you haven't been HERE before, right? I don't know where you are, but you can always ask people to chat if you get nervous. This place is a haven, a safe place to tell all, no dumb questions, no judgements if you slip or have problems finding where you need to be. This is a place of acceptance, but of honesty and many people who have been to hell and back, and will share with you the horrors of the trip. All of us were in your place, for better or MUCH worse, at one time. READ READ READ READ the stories, the research, the advice, the fun, and immerse yourself in all the knowledge already accumulated that's at your fingertips. This is no place to be shy. ASK FOR HELP when you feel you need it. PM me or anyone you feel a connection to. Lord knows I like to give my opinion! LOL
              Welcome,
              Rubes
              sigpic
              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Need help

Welcome Ragdoll and Meowmix,

Don't be afraid - be determined! You did the right thing by coming here. You will find lots of support and understanding. I am almost 3 weeks AF myself now and am so happy, so very grateful. You will be too. Check in often, make a plan if you haven't already and commit yourself to it. You won't be sorry, I promise.

My best wishes for a great day 2 for you both.
                Lavande
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Need help

Welcome Ragdoll and Meowmix,

This site is full of information and supportive people. You might check out the toolbox thread in the montly abstinence section. It has alot of help on dealing with cravings and making a plan of action. You also might want to stop by the newbies nest. It's full of newbies and a great place to start.

Read, post, ask questions! Good luck to you both.
                  AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Need help

Guess what, Ragdoll?

Took me Forever to accept that I have an "alcohol problem".

How Horrible? Ok, ok. BUT... Gotta get a grasp. Sometimes you do, sometimes you don't.

Glad you're here!
                    Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Need help

Meowmix and Ragdoll - congrats for making a great decision to join this group. Great advice and people at every stage on this board. I'm on day 5 and it looks like I made it over the worst of the WDs (outside of the cravings to come). Regarding going back to your visible and stressful job...I had to do the same thing...I started the AF on a weekend to get the worst out of the way. On day 1 back on the job I actually was smiling and had a great day (ok, a bit of a headache that evening and a little anxiety during the day, but nothing severe and nobody noticed). Just as a FYI, I was knocking down 2-3 bottles a night for 365 days over past 10 years. We're all different though, so take it day by day. I just loaded up on vitamins and lots of water! Good luck and let me know if I can help. As everybody will tell you on this site - it will take a lot of inner strength and outside support (which you can find here!!!!). LT

Comment

Need help

Hi Ragdoll,
                        Just wanted to check in and see how you are doing on day 2. Hope you are doing well and reach out if you need to.

:goodjob:

Comment

Need help

Hi Last10,

thanks for the note - especially about the work issue. I am not prepared to answer questions and I am a really bad liar.... I should have all my supplements by the weekend and I am going to give it a try. if that doesn't stick I will hit my doc up for the Topa. I have been drinking pretty much daily for the last 10 -12 years as well. After my wild single days came to an end I was able to cut my drinking back (no more spending 8 hours at the bar) to my current levels. Which just makes me a more socially acceptable addict. Glad to know you are all out there. Thanks for posting!!!

Comment

Need help

day i

Hi Me too , I stop for weeks at atime and alsways go back to drinking, I wasn't really serious about it but now I am ,:new:

Comment

Need help

Thanks everyone, into day 2 - didn't sleep at all last night, not used to doing that sober. Hopefully, will sleep tonight. Work was horrible,maybe that is due to alcohol too but trying to stay strong and hope tomorrow will be better. Went for a long walk tonight, at while out there don't think about drinking.

I really stupid about computers, sorry, but where is the toolbox threads, and what does it mean.

I am sooo grateful for everyones support.

Comment

Working...
                              X