Day 5 AF Under Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 5 AF Under Control

I like this site, I can get my feelings out, I've discovered I can't do this alone, I need you guys. I was actually humming to myself this morning at 6:00 am getting into my truck to go to work! My Daughter was up from Utica, NY with our Grandson, I'm in Maine, and he just turned two. I stopped drinking Thursday, and I'm determined to make a good run for it this time. We had a great weekend and it was fun it have them here and feel good at the same time. I have been reading through the threads for the last couple weeks and I definately belong here. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who has tried to be AF 50 millon times! Not sure if this will help anyone else, but I starting taking Sam-E on Friday, and it's definately helped my feel better and my mood is great. I still had times when I felt kinda fuzzy, but held on. I am now on a Sam-E, Milk Thistle, and L-Glutamine cocktail and feeling great. Last Sunday before my Daughter went back to NY we were all out in the yard raking, cleaning up, running the grandson around in the wheelbarrow and pulling him around on the tarp, good time. I moved my treadmill up from the basement into the garage, and I've started to used that everyday, really helps with the stress. I also walk the dog everyday, but the extra on the treadmill really seems to help. Right now I feel really good, back in my own skin, and smooth....is the only way I can describe it. I just have to keep myself on course, because I know that when I start feeling really good, I start thinking a drink would make me feel even better, even though I know it won't. I can believe I'm rambling, but it feels good. I hope everyone has a great day !! I thank everyone for the great reading on this site. :thanks:
    Only Those Who...Attempt The Absurd...Achieve The Impossible

Day 5 AF Under Control

What a great inspirational post Strawman, Well done!
    Would it help you to write down how bad you felt when you were drinking and how good you feel now? Then if you get a moment of weakness, read it and hopefully it will strengthen your resolve.
    Exercise is a fantastic way of relieving stress and releasing those feel good endorphins that us alkies seem to lack when we give up drinking for a while. The supplements help me with cravings too.
    Keep it up, it just gets better and better !!!
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Day 5 AF Under Control

Hi Strawman - welcome! You sound so positive. Keep posting
      make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

Day 5 AF Under Control

Hi Strawman,

So glad to hear you are enjoying the benefits of MWO as well. It has been one, consistent, positive influence for me. I check in several times per day, am so grateful for the support.

You will feel happier, stronger and more confident as each passes, I promise I am closing in on 3 weeks AF and can honestly say that I haven't felt or looked this good in many, many years. I have put away the past and am looking forward to the future, something I haven't been able to do for a very long time.

Congrats on your 5 AF days , keep them going, it's totally worth it!
        Lavande
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Day 5 AF Under Control

Startingover - I'll do that, even though I can't image feeling better than I do right now, and I'd rather not think about how I feel when I drink, but I guess that's the point!! I can't believe I'm doing this while things are slow at work, I had to lay off one of my workers, and things are a little stressful, money's tight at home, but you STILL have to think "positive". I'm sober, my wife is happy, my car is paid off, and my dog's alive...sounds like a great country song in reverse!! :H I just need to keep this attitude and it'll spread, people like doing business with positive people.
          Anyway, you know, I also found I need to stay from sugar as much as possible, it turns my mood around. And I like posting on the DrinkTracker every morning, makes me feel good.

Comment

Day 5 AF Under Control

Lavande - I couldn't agree more, it's nice to be amoung friends who understand and have been there. When I get the "HeeBee-GeeBee's", I come here to read some threads and it makes me feel better.

Comment

Day 5 AF Under Control

thats awesome strawman stay strong and keep thinking positive
              :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
              best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Day 5 AF Under Control

Hi Strawman!
                Thank you for posting on my thread and suggesting I read yours. I love this site - it really does feel good to know you are not alone in this. I have not shared my plan to start the program with anyone except my husband and soon my doctor because I don't know if I will be able to do it and I still haven't dealt with the "shame" issues around my drinking. Thanks for the "safe haven" where there is no shame, just love and support! This is really helping me get focused and excited about what is ahead for me!

Comment

Day 5 AF Under Control

Forget about the shame! There is no shame in what you are doing! Feel good about yourself, be positive. Your a beautiful person, and don't let anyone tell you different!! There are a ba-zillion people going through the same thing, look at all of us on this site alone...and we're not alone And you don't have to tell anyone what you're doing or why, do it for yourself, because after you get going, you'll feel so good, you won't care! Now go for it !!! Go Meowmix Go!! Go Meowmix Go!! You can do it! Just take a deep breath and let go!

Comment

Day 5 AF Under Control

Strawman...I love your positive energy!!! I know how meowmix feels....I have been feeling so ashamed the last 2 days and that is the major reason that I want to quit drinking. I really scared myself with driving while blacked out. I think it may take some AF time to get passed the "shame" for me anyway.

Comment

Day 5 AF Under Control

You know, I'm with you, I've felt shame everyday, don't get me wrong. I hate myself everytime I do something stupid because of drinking and I've done some incredibly stupid things, or drank again, when I am trying to stop. But you can't look back, or live in the past. Today is now, and tomorrow is life, so don't throw today away, and look forward for life tomorrow. Life's to short to not remember it! And I've lost some years, but not anymore. I'm sick & tired of being sick & tired. ull There, I feel better now ! :alf: How about you?
                      Hang in there it does get better!! :thumbs:

Comment

Day 5 AF Under Control

Go Strawman!!! Woohoo!

Comment

Day 5 AF Under Control

Wow...you are right, Strawman! I should be enjoying today! I made it thru an evening without alcohol, I woke up without a headache this morning.....and it's a beautiful day!!! Thank you for reminding me!

Comment

Day 5 AF Under Control

Why do we all feel such shame? Others smoke and that is an addiction. Does anyone call that shameful? We need to move forward and do what is right for ourselves. Live for today and tomorrow, and leave the past in the past.
                            I am just having difficulty with that right now, since my husband walked out last week. I am hoping to fix the past and do better and I only hope he can forgive me and come back home so I can make it up to him.

oops don't want to break the positive light, I should go now

Comment

Day 5 AF Under Control

Oh winefree!

I was initially going to add to this thread re the "shame" aspect - ie, smokers don't feel shame so why should we but then read your posting .....

Are you OK hon? :damn:stupid question I know. If it's because of you're drinking and your past and you've fixed that and he can see that you're determined to move forward then :fingers: Hopefully it's not too late - GOOD LUCK :lxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ps - keep true to your posting name though!!!! XXX

Comment

Working...
                              X