Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Day 2 actually for me but 1st day HERE!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am very happy that I found this place. I scared myself on Easter and I realize that I really need to give up the alcohol altogether. I drove from my brother's house (about 30 miles away) so intoxicated that I don't remember the drive at all. I am very lucky to be alive and not in jail. Alcohol is also causing me some depression as I feel like such a failure. I quit smoking 5 months ago, I've started exercising and I have been eating very healthy. I plan on quitting alcohol cold turkey....and any advise and support would be greatly appreciated.

:hello2::colorwelcome::wave::groupluv:we are here for you read and post any and all of your questions stay strong and think positive and glad you are not in jail
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Thanks for the welcome tlrgs! Wow you have been sober for a long time, that is inspiring! I quit smoking using a support website, so I believe that I can quit drinking this way also.....but it's a little hard navigating around here...I'm not real computer savvy!!! I really look forward to getting to know all of you.

Comment

:welcome: Glad to see you made it to your brother's house in one piece!! :goodjob:

I found this site a couple weeks ago and it's helped me tremendously. It's nice to go where people understand and know what it's like. Don't beat yourself, you're not a failure, I've been there, you'll be fine! I drove through a few blackouts and it really scared me when I got to where I going, couldn't remember anything about the drive there, and then tried to remember why I was there! :hitme: It's day 5 AF for me and I'm loving everyday of it. I was very depressed, but I found this site, read some threads and got some great advice. Don't be afraid to ask questions, comment on threads, I was, and once I started, I realized it helps me to write about it and open up because I always keep it inside. Nice job on quitting smoking!! :goodjob: That's tough, I quit awhile back, and haven't missed it, well...maybe on a rainy day with a cup of coffee in hand!! Think positive! You can do it! I keep reading how it gets better every day, and it does! Sorry, I'm rambling but it feels good!! Exercise is excellent, also I found supplements to help stop the cravings and depression, what a difference. Take a look at my thread, "Day 5, Under Control", it may help.
        Only Those Who...Attempt The Absurd...Achieve The Impossible

Comment

Thank you strawman. I have really been beating myself up the last couple days, I need some alcohol free time under my belt before I think I will feel acceptable to myself again. Can we say depression? Tonight I have to go back to my brother's for dinner...........and I don't remember a thing from the last time I was there..........totally embarrassing.

Comment

Day by day, Rose and soon you will be singing the praises of a sober clean life. Stay vigilant and check in here often. Lots of good support and info. We're all here to help each other.
            Blessings
            Toughen up!

Comment

Thank you Delta. Everyone has been wonderful and so non judgemental.

Comment

Welcome Rodeorose, u will get the support and help that u need here. Well done on the ciggies and u are on the right road re the alcohol.:welcome:

Comment

Welcome Rodeorose....day 5 for me as well. Look forward to seeing your posts! Stay strong...not an easy battle, but 5 days into and you'll feel much better (what little advice I can offer as I'm new to being AF...but I feel great after 5!). As Irish said, lots and lots of support and advice here! LT

Comment

Thanks Irish.....the cigs were not all that difficult for me so I'm hoping that this won't be either. I really wanted to quit smoking and I did, now I really want to quit drinking so I will do that too!!! With all the help and support here of course, don't think I could do it on my own......

Comment

Ok last10, I will be looking forward to day 5!! And then you can tell me how day 8 is and then I will have something else to look forward to!!! I have a feeling that I will be on here a lot the next few days...or weeks....or months!!

Comment

When you go to your brother's for dinner, just enjoy it and act like nothing happened :k, because from what you can remember nothing did!! :H You'll be fine!! It's good you're going back there right away, because I think you'll feel better, the pieces will all fall back together. Look at it as one of the great adventures in life! Hey, Poop Happens!
                        Good Luck ! Save me a chicken wing! Pass the rolls, please.

Comment

I wasn't sure if I should play it off at my brother's or just fess up and say that I scared myself the other day and am giving up the alcohol??? My bro used to drink quite a bit but gave it up totally many years ago.....I know that he would support me.

Comment

I say if you and your brother get along and he's AF, go for it!! He could be a great help for you!! Sounds like you'd like fess up, nothing wrong with that, you'll probably feel better after it's all said and done. Blackouts are amazing things, how we still function, completely out of touch with reality. You've got nothing to lose and more to gain! Go for it!! Good Luck! I'd love to know how it goes.

Comment

Yeah, I would probably feel better fessing up. I think that I really worried him and he would feel better if he knew that I wasn't headed down that road.

Comment

Working...
                              X