Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody find this also helps with smoking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't smoke but looking at all the supplements, I would think a form of this program would help with smoking and depression/anxiety as well. My sister is a smoker and suffers from bad depression and anxiety to the point where it is hard to get her to leave the house and see a doc. Anybody lose the urge to smoke on this?

I didnt lose the urge to smoke, but I did give up while using these supplements...
    Also my depression lifted when I stopped drinking too..
    Supplements like lglutamine, 5htp, gaba, and a number of others recommended here can indeed help with depression.
    Has your sister seen a doctor?
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Smoking & drinking go hand in hand for me so giving up drinking means giving up smoking...and the supps really help. I'd advise adding Omega 3 caps (fish oil) - it's good for depression.

Comment

Thanks anglecakes and startingover - My sister has seen a doc but is probably not managing her situation or taking control of it. She is willing to try things I recommend, but I would want her to run it by a doc first to make sure there will be no interactions with drugs she may already be on. She needs a medical advocate, which I am trying to help with long distance. I am a caretaker by nature and currently am taking care of my Mother who has dementia and acting as her medical advocate as well. This is part of what leads to the bottle of wine at night.... Really good at caring for others - time to put myself and health on the priority list. :thanks:

Comment

meow,

Remember, you can't take care of anyone if you let yourself get sick!

I have seasonal depression. I don't take the supps but I did start taking the B vitimans, a multi vitiman, Omega complex. I also took SAMe during the winter months and plan on taking it during the winter months next year when my depression gets the worse. Good luck with your sister and mother. It's great to be a caretaker as long as you take care of yourself first.
          AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

You are all great - thanks so much for the info. Sounds like there is some good healing for my whole family in this community.

Comment

Working...
            X