Dreams...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dreams...

Hello all...Day 6 today AF. Loving it..lots of energy, alert, look and feel better. Even get some sleep . However, the dreams are insane. Not so much nightmares, but very vivid and sometimes aggressive (fights) . I've also had a few deal with AL where I'm completely drunk and making an ass of myself and am actually embarrassed in my dream! I guess I kind of forgot what dreaming was like...do the intensity of the dreams back off eventually? Similar experiences? :thanks: LT

Dreams...

Yep, you want to hear some of my dreams, so much so I started my own crazy dream thread. I put it over in subscribers unfortunately though - will bring some over to post here!
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Dreams...

One moment...
      Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Dreams...

Lasty, those dreams are very common. I get them from time to time and in the early days I even woke up feeling I had a hangover.
        When you come too and realise its just a dream, the gratitude is wonderful isnt it?
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Dreams...

This is about the craziest one...

I was one of 6 travelling to Russia, me, my hubby, a skater boy, a fat punk woman, a hippy man and a dog. When we got there we were told that because there were so many people living in Moscow there wouldn't be enough air for everyone to breathe, so we'd have to merge bodies. We were ushered into our pairs, no one wanted to be with the dog but it ended up being me. The hippie man merged with the fat punk woman becoming a fat hippy woman. The fat hippy woman hated her new long black hair with crusty bits in and pulled it off (and said she'd put it back on when she got back from sight seeing. As I'd merged with the dog (and the dog had belonged to the hippy) I began chasing after fat hippy woman, running on all fours and barking as I went. My hubby had merged with the skater boy and went off to Moscow Zoo Park.

Eventually it was the last day of our trip, we were all de-merged and sat in the dining room eating a rather disgusting breakfast. I realised, having been part dog, I'd been told to sleep in the dining room the whole trip and thought to myself that it had been a pretty naf holiday especially as there was now an annoying woman trying to sell me a teddybear called 'Rolf'.

:nutso:

Comment

Dreams...

were just mounting up on the table. A friend from church was sat opposite but seemed unpeturbed by my excessive drinking. I finished downing a half pint glass of rum and woke up.

Another:

OK, another AL dream... Dreamt I was at my Grandma's and she'd invited everyone round for a party. My intention was to be sensible and I began to sip a glass of wine. My brother and his wife turned up and got some beers. Noticing how much beer there was in the fridge set me off - now I'd made the decision I was going to get absolutely lashed!!! My brother decided we'd all go to the pub for a few, and I got in the back of his Audi TT taking my glass of wine with me. It was very difficult to drink crammed into the back seat and due to the speed my brother was driving! I decided to give the whole idea up and opened the door (how??? I was in the back seat of an Audi TT!!!) and tipped my drink away. Finally we arrived at the house of the Korsakoff's (inspired by that article posted about Wernicke-Korsakoff Syndrome I think) who were apparently distant relatives of ours. Mrs Korsakoff fell out with me because I was charging round the house looking for where she kept the vodka. Eventually I settled down and decided to show my husband my family tree and how I was related to the Korsakoff family...????

And another:

Huh-oh, another one - think it's because I start my 30 days AF Monday. Dreamt I went out for drinks after work but everyone I knew suddenly disappeared. I thought, 'Oh well.' and downed my pint in one. Upon finishing my drink I realised people were glaring at me with a look of sheer horror on their faces. I just stood there and said, 'WHAT???', picked up my keys and walked off to my car to drive home.

And yet another:

I dreamt I was very drunk. Can't remember the details so pretty realistic really. And when I woke up I thought it was Saturday for 2 whole hours.

I have loads!!!
            I even once dreamt I kept a giant vodka bottle at work!

Comment

Dreams...

You're not alone!!!

Comment

Dreams...

Vlad - you're first dream had me rolling...sorry, hope it's not a sensitive one but it's funny as hell!

Starty - Interesting comment...I actually woke up this morning with my first 'hangover' and wondered if I drank last night (which I didn't)....felt crappy for a few hours this morning. But all is good now. Not sure how I created that hangover as I don't miss them!!! LT

Comment

Dreams...

I've had those 'fake' hangovers too. It happened a few times during my 30 days AF and previous times I'd abstained. One time after getting up, I came downstairs and saw an empty clear litre bottle with a red label. I instantly thought, 'Oh no, I didn't... did I?' On closer inspection I realised it was an empty Shloer Red Grape bottle. A sigh of relief.

Comment

Dreams...

Anyway, I think Vlad needs to shut up for a bit.

Comment

Dreams...

My dream last night involved the 'fact' that my youngest son was actually not my husbands but my High School Sweethearts. His Parents were worried in case I was going to claim child support. His wife didn't seem too bothered. Then I was at a beach and had my maternal Grandfather with me, (he's dead), he was in some kind of umpire chair and I had to wheel him about. There was more but its gone. I had freaky dreams last time I went AF as well.

Vlad - keep going!
                      Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Dreams...

Thank you, Vlad, for making me Laugh this morning! (And I'm sorry if I shouldn't - it was the first dream that tickled me..)

I mostly try hard NOT to remember my dreams... since they're mainly... nightmares.

Now I know what many talk about - since I drank yesterday... later than usual... and slept (passed out?) like a log. NO dreams - whoopee!!

I know all the "good" things about not drinking, but I now know one Good reason to drink. Sorry to say that, folks.

But if you all had MY dreams/nightmares, you'd understand why.

Gads.

I'm a Mess!! :egad:
                        Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Dreams...

The dreams were a bit scarey...I would wake up believing that I was drinking again.
                          they only lasted a few weeks...then became less frequent. I still get them once in awhile but it servers to keep me on my toes.
                          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Dreams...

Yup-the drinking dreams-been there done that. As Evie said-they only last a few weeks and then become less frequent. I'm always so releived when I wake up and realize it was just a dream. Hang in there.
                            AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Dreams...

Keep em comin' you say, OK here's another mad one...

OK - now this was just insane.

I dreamt about an alcoholic crocodile. Yes, an alcoholic crocodile.

Many years ago a vodka meteorite fell to earth and made a large crater. Over time the crater filled with water and began to teem with life. The crocodile had been born near the meteorite and had developed a taste for alcohol. He had become addicted, every morning he would take a trip down to the meteorite and refill his bottle with vodka. The meteorite kept getting covered in silt, so rather than moving the silt away each day, the crocodile had constructed a tunnel to the meteorite so he could easily reach it. He became so alcoholic he became weak, and the tunnel had become so long that by the time he reached the meteorite he was shaking, sweating and so desperate for a drink. He was also too fat to get down there easily so he advertised for assistance. Hubby and I decided to help him - we were due to meet him half way down the tunnel. As we were waiting for him we could hear him coming down the tunnel saying, 'I said to myself last night no more, but here I am again doing the same thing time after time... and I'm too fat to get down here anymore.' When he finally arrived he said, 'Now then, I'm too fat and weak to get down the rest of the tunnel - I need you two to go down and fill up my bottle.'

I woke up before we did this so he never got his vodka, LOL!

Comment

Working...
                              X