OK folks...I messed up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK folks...I messed up

Felt I needed to inform all my new friends that all my optimism fell short tonight. I did drink a bottle of red wine. Although it used to be 2-3, I'm still disappointed. Sorry guys. Nevertheless, not going to feel sorry for myself. Not drunk and ready to keep the AF train running tomorrow. No pity, just pick myself up and move forward. Never tried the quitting thing, but now I know what cravings are! Hope I haven't disappointed too much... LT

OK folks...I messed up

You've GOT to remember that all of us have had slips, too! It's okay LT! I confess I'm a bit encouraged you're sad at yourself but only from the standpoint that it'll make you jump back on the AF bus tomorrow!...hey and you should be encouraged, too. If you're like me, before MWO if I drank too much one night, I didn't really care that much. Now that I've had consecutive day AF successes, I get frustrated with myself when I drink. Shake the sad and be happy that it'll hopefully be time, soon, for bed and tomorrow is another day. ODAT!!!

Comment

OK folks...I messed up

LT ~ I 100% agree with Yoga. Get back up, brush yourself off, and hop right back on the wagon! We are all here for you and we have all had moments like this. You have a great attitude and let that carry you on as well.

Comment

OK folks...I messed up

Thanks Yoga - yes, I've beat myself up as I've been so sure not to have any mistakes. I guess I can count my blessings...I didn't smoke and I got out of there before I really messed up with quantity. I can survive one red wine bottle and get back into AF tomorrow. Damn!!!!!!!! Thanks for the post. LT

Comment

OK folks...I messed up

Thanks Chopper - support like this is the only reason I haven't been hammered the past 7 nights! I'll pick up what's broken and make another run for it...LT

Comment

OK folks...I messed up

thats the idea just move forward and learn .. it happen to the best of us .. stay strong and keep thinking positive
            :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
            best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

OK folks...I messed up

Thanks tlrgs....kicking myself in the ass, but I guess that's why I'm here. Appreciate everyone's support.

Comment

OK folks...I messed up

OK HERE SOME HELP ON ITS WAY ... JUST KICKING SMILE
                :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

OK folks...I messed up

????....if that was meant to put me in line...I think it would work!!!!

Comment

OK folks...I messed up

So Did I !!!

Hi there l10y
                    I too messed up.
                    AF for 8 nights then went at a 24deck of beer hammer and tongs.
                    Drank them all over the easter hols and did nothing with my kids....cept take them to mcd's when i was half cut and my partner had to drive.
                    Like you,back on the wagon today but still feel a rite selfish bitch.
                    Had a horrible sweaty,shaky sick night last night..
                    Reminded myself of the reasons i gv that shit up in the first place!!!
                    Anyway,just wanted you to know im in the same boat,,,back to square one....
                    Here's hoping!
                    :l
                    "Just when i was getting used to yesterday,along came today"
                    Bring it on!

Comment

OK folks...I messed up

Sorry to hear Anniemac - stay posting as will I and I hope we can support each other day by day. Not that I want company in my situation, but if you are here with my issue, I'd love to to see us make progress day by day. Keep posting please! Stay strong....LT

Comment

OK folks...I messed up

Thanks lt....
                        Nice to know wer all fighting the same battle.
                        Well not nice but gud to have everyones support.
                        Even on the days we feel like losers....well i do.
                        I Promise to keep posting
                        xxx
                        "Just when i was getting used to yesterday,along came today"
                        Bring it on!

Comment

OK folks...I messed up

Hey LT & Annie, it takes a lot of us several goes to get it right...but each time it gets a little easier if you just jump right back on the wagon. Get up, dust yourself down and plan for some more AF time. My good friend Startingover (who has many months of sobriety) always suggests to write down how crap you are feeling now...when you're tempted again read your notes...it's helped me.

Comment

OK folks...I messed up

LT - you absolutely do NOT need to apologize!!

As you know, and now others will (might as well jump on your wagon!)... I fell off my AF days after almost... Almost... 4 days.

Got haircut from hell. I've been wearing baseball cap the few times I've ventured out!

As much as I've said to myself it's petty and stupid... it doesn't seem that way. Would rather cave in and drink. ICK?

Have interview tomorrow... for a job I don't want... Ain't life grand??
                            Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

OK folks...I messed up

Last10,

Have you checked out the toolbox thread yet? It's in the monthly abstainers section. It has lots of advice on dealing with the cravings and setting up a plan of action. It really helped me get through those first 2 weeks. So learn from this experience and on word and up word.
                              AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Working...
                              X