Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone else having trouble at the gym?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

I just wanted to know if anyone else is struggling at the gym. Does the drinking really affect your results? I find after a weekend I am very fatigued at the gym, I can't lift my weights as well as I should be able to. Sometimes I can only manage to do 4 full push ups because my muscles are too weak.

Does this kind of things affect anyone else? Does it really get better when you stop drinking?

Drinking affects every area of the body negatively.
    I have much more energy for exercise now I am sober.
    When I used to drink and train, my training was always rubbish on a Monday...
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Millie:
      What's your strategy with vitamins and eating? Think about all of those extra calories you were getting while drinking...albeit mostly empty calories. But they carried a lot of the daily calorie load. Now that you're not drinking (I assume from your post), are you getting better nutrition and vitamins in your system? A guess for exercise fatigue could be lack of actual nutritional energy to burn. Also. Dehydration can cause that...how's your water intake?

Comment

Hiya Millie. Yes. Alcohol drains your energy. I would notice i'd lift less, and not able to do as many pushups if i'd been drinking the night before. I remember guessing that i'd lost about 15-30 percent of my strength after a night on the turps. Strength would return when not drinking. Best wishes, and keep exercising! It has helped to save my life.............G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys

Yes yogamomma my vitamin intake has always been really good. My diet except for alcohol I was drinking was very good. I drink 3 litres of water a day, so I know it wasn't my food diet it must have been my alcohol diet.

Comment

I only feel like that if I go to the gym with a hangover. But what I am tired of seeing is other people's fitness levels passing me out on a regular basis. I did circuit training today and I am surprised to see how fit everyone else got in the last few months, except me. Drinking is keeping me at a plateau which I can't get past.

Comment

"Why go to the gym......I have all the equipment at home !" Ha! IAD.
              ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
              those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
              Dr. Seuss

Comment

hey iad where you get a picture of me:H

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Mario......I don't always exercise myself and the pooch indoors......we go out side ! ha! Did'nt want you to think that I was lazy or something ! ha! IAD.
                  ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                  those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                  Dr. Seuss

Comment

Iad great picture you gave me a laugh.

Comment

Working...
                    X