Day 7 AF! Trouble Sleeping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A funny thing happened to me on the way to work......I made it there! :H I'm on day 7!!! and I can't believe I made this far, MWO works. Any suggestions, I go to bed at the usual time, but I have a hard time getting to sleep, and I wake up alot during the night. I saw in a thread to try Melatonin, so I tried 3mg, them 6mg last night, but still having problems. I haven't exercised for the last 2 days, although I did walk my dog, (he's very persistant). I've been short handed at work and I've been getting home later than normal, working a shift and a half. I should be tired! Any suggestions?
    Only Those Who...Attempt The Absurd...Achieve The Impossible

Greetings Straw. I didn't start sleeping reasonably well 'till about day 7,8,9? Some folk's don't get their sleep pattern's back for a couple of weeks. Hang in there buddy, and keep up the good work!................G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

It's funny because I don't really feel that tired. I have a prescription for Lorensopam, but I try not to use them, because when I stop, I'm back in the same boat. But I know what you mean, nothing like a good long sleep!

Comment

Hi,

My doc gave me Trazadone. It works very well.

Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I don't know what would help you sleep, except maybe "time", BUT, I do want to say......CONGRATULATIONS ON DAY 7!!!!!!!!!!! You are the man!!!!! Way to go!!! Woohoo!!!!

Comment

i found it hard to sleep for a couple of weeks after i stopped drinking...it might just take some time, but you'll get there!

peace

Comment

You're doing fab on day 7!!!!!
              Don't worry about your sleeping patterns,ur body will get the sleep you need,it's just a little out of sorts at the minute.
              As long as you are resting i wouldn't worry to much about it as i find the more i worry about not sleeping the less chance i have of dropping off..
              I find reading the posts here for awhile tires my eyes and usually try and log on an hr before bed...
              Keep strong...
              You're doing so well.
              An inspiration!!!!

xx
              "Just when i was getting used to yesterday,along came today"
              Bring it on!

Comment

Hi Strawman,

Congrats on day 7 - be proud!
                It's 3 weeks for me today and I'm still having some sleep problems but I'm using an herbal product called Mellodyn which is starting to help.
                I think that time will heal us all. I am so determined to not let anything me throw me off track.

Patience, patience, patience.........
                Congrats again.
                Lavande
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Yea, I feel the same way, I just don't want to get to tired and fall to the dark side. I'll try reading, that usually works. CONGRATUALTIONS ON 3 WEEKS!!!!!!!!

Comment

I agree with everyone else - time will make things better. I finally had a decent night's sleep on day 14 - before that, I was taking "Simply Sleep" (tylenol PM without the tylenol!), but i didn't want to get dependent on them, AND, they make me drowsy for a long time! So patience is the key. I know it is hard, but just laying there, resting is still better than passing out and getting to work all stinky and hungover!
                    Good for you on day 7 - I knew you would do it from the moment you joined MWO!!!
                    xoxo peanut

Comment

Strawman 7 days is amazing. I use melatonin 5mgs with 3 or 4 four calmes forte together an hour before bed and as soon as I feel sleepy I turn off the light. You might wake up early but at least you will get a decent few hours. Prescription sleep aids make me sleepwalk.
                      Ann

Comment

Difficulty sleeping is what has kept me from staying on track.
                        I am on day 8, which is a miracle.
                        I am using trazadone for sleep. Sleepytime tea with velarian and the calms forte.
                        Also putting one of the cd's on with a headset and fall asleep with it running. Have only been waking up once in the night, which is rare.

Keep it up, you are doing GREAT!

Comment

Wow Strawman you are kickin' arse!! Go you!!
                          I find a regular routine (same bed time, same up time) and a cup of chamomile tea helps me sleep. Again, I'm so happy for you...you're doing awesome!
                          xo

Comment

Working...
                          X