Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking about going to AA......

hey Jamms

i reckon if your giving this much thought to it then its worth a visit... you may find its the best thing you ever did or you may find its not for you. You don't know until you try! anybody you do know there will be there for the same reasons as you.
    as for hubby i can only think that what makes you feel better or helps you along the road to feeling better can only make him feel better. i dont know what problems you are going through but i reckon it shows that you are tryin on your part and he should recognise that and be understanding on his part.... it takes two to tango!

wish you well x love shelleyxxxx

Comment

Go by all means.......the support is great. But if you can't handle the steps.....you can go to the AA meetings for support and come back here for more support ! IAD.
      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
      Dr. Seuss

Comment

i'VE BEEN TO aa MANY YEARS AGO-i FELT TO PRESSURED TO TOTALLY QUIT-i WANT TO TRY MODERATION AFTER 30 DAYS OF BEING af DO WHAT WORKS FOR YOU-THEIR ARE A LOT OF PEOPLE WITH THE SAME PROBLEM WE HAVE

Comment

JAMMS, don't give up after 1 mtg. I have already found out they are all a bit different. Have seen some same and some different faces, but only 1 person I think I know from somewhere. And yes, we are all there for the same reason.
          I think your husband would be glad to hear you are trying to get some help. I know mine encouraged me to go a while back and I just kept saying no. He even went to a couple of meetings himself in an attempt to understand what was going on with me. But I kept denying the problem.

So no time like the present. Keep giving it a shot(try)

Comment

You all are right...I'm going to go again... It's hard to work around my husbands schedule..he is a baseball coach/manager and on the BOD the little league and both my sons play...I would not bring my 2 year old to a meeting....

Again...thanks for the advise.
            :teeter:JAMMS

"I'm safe.. up high...no one can touch me...why do I feel this party's over?...."

"no pain..inside...you're my protection...how do I feel this good SOBER?!"

Comment

Working...
            X