39 days sober

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

39 days sober

I'm 39 days sober thanx to the help of antabuse. I take one a week if that and it's keeping me sober. I have my weak moments where i'm like, damn, i fancy a nice cool glass of wine. I know it will never be 1 glass, it would be a bottle if not more but i can't drink a single drop unless i want to feel like i'm dying.

I still have odd cravings but i've manged to losen the ties that drink had on me and i've escaped. My life is now fantastic, loving life, i'm now a great mum and wife. I've cut all the bad things and people out of my life and really starting a fresh. I feel positive. I've got my old self back FINALLY. Only took nearly a year but i'm back!

I'm going on holiday to Disney Florida in a month, taking the antabuse with me there too just to make sure i don't drink. I still have my weak times but i'm only human. OH and i've lost loads of weight!!! I'm back to my normal weight, 8 stone! How great is it not waking up feeling shit...IT'S GREAT! Not worrying.. what did i do/say?

Who would have thought, lil.michelle 30 days sober... the QUEEN of the slips.... the Queen of messing her life up has FINALLY done it!
    OOOOooo and my new job that i started as a student midwife is going amazingly well. I'm loving it, loving being around people and not being really bored and lonely all the time.

Lifes GREAT! Thank you all for everything.

To those who are having trouble and keep slipping, try antabuse... It works!!

39 days sober

What a wonderful post michelle!
    Well done !!
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

39 days sober

Michelle, I am really glad to hear this. I know how hard you struggled. I have taken Antabuse once or twice, but think I am going to again. Congratulations!

Comment

39 days sober

HEY Lil Michelle! I have been wondering how you are doing. I was following your progress on the Antabuse Thread. I am too, considering taking Antabuse. Im so happy that it is working out for you, you sound fantastic, like the person you want to be. Congratulations on your new life!

Im genuinely very happy for you. By the way, Disney in Florida is just an hour from my home, ENJOY YOURSELF with your family, you deserve it.

Love,

Overit
        I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

39 days sober

Wow....what an encouraging and uplifting post!!! Congratulations Michelle....wonderful job you are doing!! You do sound really happy and I am happy for you!!!

Comment

39 days sober

Way to go Lil' Michelle!!!!

Comment

39 days sober

Great job Michelle,

I'm so happy to hear this!!!!
              I will be hitting 30 days myself very soon and I know the joy of accomplishing something like this.

Be proud and stay well,
              Lavande
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

39 days sober

Congratulations lil.michelle! What an amazing and inspiring post. Good for you! Keep up the great work!!

Comment

39 days sober

Hey lil.M - excellent post.
                  You have good reason to be very, very proud and happy with yourself!! I know how you struggled and you inspire me. This is a journey, one that takes time - not everybody succeeds right away - but you perservered, knowing what you really wanted, took steps to achieve it and have met with success and happiness. Have fun on your holiday to Disney Land (money pit - hehe! went with my 3 kids and ex 10 years ago. But fun fun fun!) - you deserve all good things!!
                  xoxo peanut

Comment

39 days sober

Lil Michelle I am so proud of you. I have read your previous posts and no how hard you struggled. I am considering antibuse and am so glad that it is working for you. It gives me encouragement and especially knowing that you are only taking one a week - that was my fear having to take one every day.

Thanks for such a great post. Disney is amazing, I took my daughter there 2 years ago and we had the most memorable time. I am so glad that you got your life back. You have given me a lot of inspiration, thank you for that.

Have a great trip!

Love and hugs,
                    Uni
                    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                    :h

Comment

39 days sober

Awesome job Michelle!!!! Keep it up!!!!! Wonderful post!!!!
                      You sound amazing!!!!
                      SD
                      "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                      7/29/12

Comment

39 days sober

I am super happy for you! You deserve a good life:-)
                        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

39 days sober

Thank you for sharing this great and inspiring insight into what it feels like to be sober for a very decent amount of time. I am still struggling, but am sure I will get there - and it's hearing stuff like this that helps me to believe it's worth sticking to your guns and not having a single drop (there is no such thing as just one for me either!). No doubt the first few weeks are the hardest but it's all worth it in the end.

A big giant HIGH FIVE to you!!! Having the determination, strength and courage to stick to it for so long is just brilliant!

Comment

Working...
                          X