Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hypno cds

hi all-
    i've been a member for a couple weeks, read MWO about 3 months ago and just started topa and supps last monday. i'm not sure my life style (or budget) will work with the hypno cds, and am wondering how much more effective the program has been for you if you use the cds. so far i am still really struggling. i tried to search the forum but found so many posts and just got more lost that i just wondered if someone else has had this dilemma and what did you decide? thanks so much if you have time to reply!
    chellee

hypno cds

Chelle-
    I also do the topa, supps and cds....I think the combo is awesome!!! I'd say....give it some time....you've already bought the supps and cds...so thats done....and the supps you taper off of....I now just do the l-glut and gaba (and multi-vitamin)...and am going to try going off the kudzu next week...just to see how it goes...like you...budget is a factor with me too. I think the topa has worked wonders...I have leveled that out at 100mg...and that seems to have worked for me too...and isn't too spendy either....the cds I think are great....and VERY relaxing!!! Just give it another week or two...I don't think you'll be disappointed!!
    Good luck!
    SD
    "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
    7/29/12

Comment

hypno cds

thanks sdloves

actually, I have not gotten the cds yet because the meds are covered by insurance, and the cds are kinda spendy for me right now. wondering how much more effective it will all be if I add the cds- plus, must note, I am a verrrrrrry impatient person and the idea of just chilling and listening to hypno cds seems unlikely to me. years ago I got a degree in social work (before my current challenge) and was really annoyed when we were taught relaxation therapy, etc. because I could not sit still. I am open minded but relaxing is just not my strong suit, suppose that's a big part of the drinking. so do you really enjoy the cds?

Comment

hypno cds

Chellee,

I am like you, I had no patience for the CD's. My goal is to learn to meditate, but I'm doubtful...some people swear by the CD's, some people are annoyed by the guy's voice and pronunciation...Having read through this site for a very long time now, I would say opinions vary, and many people have been successful without them, and many people attribute their success in part to them.

I am two weeks AF today (YAY!) and have relied on good nutrition, supps, exercise and my friends. I don't think you should feel that the program won't work without the CD's, it can.

Ann

Comment

hypno cds

Chellee,

I totally understand your inability to sit, relax and listen to relaxation CD's..........it's like torture for me. I am the same way or at least I was. I literally forced myself to sit down with these CD's, figuring I had to give them at least 1 chance. To my suprise, I was hooked immediately and have found them to be quite effective. I can't really explain why but I do have to say they have helped quite a bit. It can be difficult finding quiet time to use the CD's but I actually look forward to them. You emerge with an increased sense of calmness (which I really needed badly) and the confidence that you can and will reach your goal. Nothing wrong with that, right??

I am closing in on 30 days AF this week and am very happpy. If at all possible, give the CD's a thought. For me, they've provided the strength needed to be successful that I just couldn't conjure up on my own................

Best wishes,
          Lavande
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

hypno cds

Thank you all so much for your replies. So far (10 days) the meds and supps are only helping somewhat, not getting me the results I want. I am very moody, sleep is erratic, and I just feel weak mentally and physically. I just hesitate to make an investment in something that might totally annoy me- like the sound of the guy's voice. I wonder if it is still possible to get results from the cds that don't have him talking? Are the cds really specifically directed at drinking behavior? As always, I so much appreciate your help and support
            chellee

Comment

hypno cds

chellee;597969 wrote: Thank you all so much for your replies. So far (10 days) the meds and supps are only helping somewhat, not getting me the results I want. I am very moody, sleep is erratic, and I just feel weak mentally and physically. I just hesitate to make an investment in something that might totally annoy me- like the sound of the guy's voice. I wonder if it is still possible to get results from the cds that don't have him talking? Are the cds really specifically directed at drinking behavior? As always, I so much appreciate your help and support
              chellee
              Hi, I had the same question about the CD's and then some very nice person lent me theirs to try. The guy's voice for me was terrible. I have no idea why this company choose such an inferior recording when there are fabulous hypnosis tapes and speakers available, I am SO glad I did not spend that money. I have my own personal hypnosis tapes that were made for me and they are professional. I think anything would be better than these "tapes"

That's my two cents!

But good luck, and I hope you do well with your program.

Comment

hypno cds

hANG IN THERE-I'M STILL HAVING DIFIFCULTY NAVIGATING THE SITE. I CAN'T FIND MESSAGES TO ME. HANG IN GIRL IT WILL PAY OFF BIGTIMES-HEALTH-DIGNITY-FINANCES

Comment

hypno cds

chelle,
                  I can't afford the cd's.
                  . I did undergo hypnosis with someone who was quite good. Very simple....followed his steps later by myself. It did work, helped me over a rough patch. I played his voice back in my mind as I went through it. Later a really good woman's relaxation cd helped.
                  The library has a lot of self hypnosis, meditation cds
                  I am sure the ones offered here would be specific and very helpful....just not in a place to buy them now.

just being here now is helping me.
                  bye

Comment

Working...
                  X