Let's go on a... 4 Day AF Binge!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Mama ~ I am glad that you came back to post. Did you have any specific triggers that made you want to drink or did you just want to? Trust me, I have had those days!!! Just keep coming back because we will be here always! Luv ya girly!!:l

Fin ~ I agree with everything you said about Photo!!! She is amazing!! Also, we do need to do a buddy list or a reunion thread or something!! We must keep talking!

Hello to everyone else.

Comment

MamaZum, you need to throw out any more AL in the house and hydrate yourself with some water. Get some rest and get back on track tomorrow.
      I too have used AL to try to sleep for a long time and have committed to staying AF.
      In the evening I am drinking herbal tea with calming effect and sleepytime tea with velarian an hour before bedtime. A prescription for trazadone right before bed helps me sleep. I listen to the CD's when falling asleep.

Give it a try.
      Day 4 for me is just about over.....yippee.

Comment

Hi Winefree! Yes day 4 is almost over. Congrats....we did it!!!! Even if all of us didn't do the 4 days, we each did our best will go on from there!

Comment

Oh guys, guys, guys, you are soooo kind!!!!!!!

Just checking in before (dare I say, off to tennis!!!)

Woke up at 6.00 am with a real spring in my step because as I said last night - NO hangover to play tennis with (gosh, am going to feel SO lonely on court! Just who am I going to blame those missed shots on?!?!)

Hey, Finally, 7 days is FANTASTIC!!!!!inkele: Obviously, like me, you've found the TOPA helping with those cravings during the week. Give yourself the chance to mod over the weekend - is it your first weekend of modding? I know I'll be having a couple tonight and then, lordy lord, I'm at a best friends tomorrow night and another best friends (whose going through a divorce so it's like 1) get out of taxi 2) walk up steps 3) open door 4) glass of champagne placed in my hand - mind you, if she's feeling that desperate it might just be a bottle with a veeeeeerrrry long straw in it! So - not sure how I'm going to do modding. Let me know how well you get on Finally.

To all the rest of our AF binging gang (for those who made the 4 days and those that didn't), may I just say :goodjob: - for whatever stage we reached - anything is better than nothing so let's all remember that. I think we all deserve a :groupluv:

As I'm up and about first being on the right hand side of the pond, shall I start a new thread on Monday morning to keep in touch and get us all going again on Monday? What do you all think?

"Have a good day y'all!" xxxxx

Comment

Hi AF bingers

Just popping in to say hello. Have a great weekend everyone and hope the modding goes well tonight for those of you who intend to drink over the weekend. I have a friend coming round tonight so I will probably have some wine but I want to go easy as son is in a football tournament tomorrow morning and I don't want to be hungover for that. Tomorrow night we are going out but again I'm going to offer to drive so although the alcohol will be flowing I will abstain.

I find it's best to make a plan.

Mamazum, hope your hangover isn't too bad. Look forward to having you on board again next week.

Photogirl, enjoy the tennis in the sunshine!
            If alcohol made you happy I should be the happiest person alive! I'm not.

Comment

Hi Everyone. Today is Day 6 for me and I feel great! Photo, great job on Day 7! How was tennis? Yes, you should start a thread on Monday. That is a fabulous idea! Hi to Blue and good luck with your plan. Sounds like a great one!

Mama ~ How are you?

Have a great Friday!

Comment

Hi chopper! No, sorry to have mislead you I only managed 3 days this week - not 7 - but, hey, 3 days is better than nowt!!! And, on Wednesday when I did have a drink it was only 2 glasses and not a bottle so, again, RESULT!

Tennis was a 'disaaaarster darling' (don't know if you watch Dancing with the Stars!!!) - think I play better not on TOPA and with a hangover! No, can't blame that - just on an off-day, that's all!

Blue - that's a fabby plan! Well done you! I must say I've tried to make plans like that before and it's usually ended up with me taxi-ing home anyway so I've ended up spending twice as much in taxi fares going to get my blinking car the next morning :durn: So, I'm going to do my best at modding this weekend - if I don't, am NOT going to beat myself up about it - :b&d: - I said, I'm NOT going to beat myself up about it - :lilangel: that's better! so, I'll let you know how I got on on Monday morning!

Have a great weekend gang! If I don't check-in it's 'cos hubbie's around and ..... blah blah blah you guys know the rest! Keep strong and don't be hard on yourselves. take care xxxx

Comment

Hey Photo! It was me who misread your post, but hey CONGRATS on the 3 out of 7 and just 2 drinks!!! Have a fabulous weekend, and sorry the tennis didn't go so well!

Comment

pHOTO: ya, great idea to start a new thread on Monday. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Comment

O.k..... so, I'm in for a new thread on Monday! Without a new thread I'd be going through Al withdrawal as well as withdrawal of all my new friends! Hope you all have a great weekend. I am modding tonight and hopefully abstaining the rest of the weekend. Lots to do in the yard and want to enjoy the beautiful weather we're expecting in the Northeast! Missing you all already!!!! :thanks: for all the support this week! We all did a great job!

Comment

Hey Fin! Good luck with the modding tonight. I hope you enjoy your nice weather. It is much nicer to work outside without a hangover!!! Can't wait to talk to you on Monday. Have a great weekend as well. :thanks: to you also for all your support this week! :l

Comment

:thanks: to all of you for your support and your PMs during my AB (alc binge)!
                          Means so much, honestly.

I am happy to say that I am 36 hrs AF, cat came back, kid's arm is ok and Mr. Z is getting over it .

Really busy weekend ahead, so I talk to you all on Monday!

Have a great S & S, and I hope, if your plan is AF or MOD, that you stick to it!
                          Yours, Mama

Comment

I'm going to start a new post to get us started for tomorrow.....

READY. SET. GO!

Comment

Working...
                            X