Hi, is this right for me?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I've been reading your entries for quite a while now, but still think I don't have a problem!!! I am on my 5th glass of wine and will probably have another before I go to bed (It is 10.15pm in Australia). My husband and 3 kids are all asleep of course (I hide most of my drinking in front of them). I am 36 and grew up with alcohol since the age of 16 (my dad had a pub and i lived there for years!!!) I have always been able to drink more than my friends and still feel OK. Every mornong I wake up feeling alright but not great... i just wish i could have 1 or 2 glasses then go to bed but i can't, as soon as I start that's it, I will drink whatever is in the house (I just went and filled up as I'm writing this...) My circle of friends and family all drink, but not to the excess that i do (I hide it very well, they would be shocked if they new how much I drink). I am going back to studying this year and i really want to do well, but i am so scared of failure due to my drinking. i want to stop but don't know how or if I can, do you think you can help?????

Pheobe

Yes i do think we can help, if you wanna just cut down or stop completely thers support for both here. I only found this site a few wks ago and the support on here is amazing...im already on day 18 of no drinking an believe me that is a huge step for me! My advice would be to read as many threads as you can...get a feeling of how we all comunicate an support each other, also i would recommend reading cv1's posts as she posts some v intersesting and helpfull research articles. and most importantly dont feel alone...we are all here for each other..this site is a massive support.

Hope you stick around sweetheart, and welcome....post back if you have any more questions or worries.

Lots a love

Lou - Lou x x x
    "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Hey Phoebe,

Read CV's posts under research. You sound like a THIQ kind of drinker. I think you will find it interesting! Good luck.

Kathy
      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

can you plz explain to me what a THIQ kind of drinker is - I mite be one!
        gaters.

Comment

I've just looked in research but thee are so many articles I don't know where to start to find THIQ or CV1 s writing. Please can you direct me closer? Thanks. hope i'm not being stupid.
          Enough is enough

Comment

Hi Pheobe.

If you didnt think you had a problem you wouldnt be here!!! sorry to sound harsh, but i reckon its true.

Mind you I"m not pointing. I have a problem too. I drink too much.. have done for too long... hiding drinks.. yes, done that too.. and more.

I'd say there are many ways to stop.. read and find out what people have done and then decide what you will try (if you decide that). Some people find it harder than others but they just get back up and come right back.

I came here nearly 11 months ago and read posts for a month before I even posted and I'm now abstinent for 10 months. It IS possible.

Brigid

Comment

Link to drinker type quiz

Here is a link to the "what Kind of drinker am I", a quiz that helps determine if you are THIQ or not, and then goes on to explain what supplements help the most...

https://www.mywayout.org/community/showthread.php?t=5100

Comment

Thanks for that, cv1.
                Enough is enough

Comment

For You!

Pheobe!
                  Hi! you are on this site it's for a reason. Even if you are not ready to give up drinking, keep on reading! You will draw strength from all these people here! I myself have had such a struggle but am doing so much better than before. Try the supps they do honestly work and CV1 is a great source of information and has been a great help to me! If you need it, there is medication to help you but remember if you don't do the supps, hyno & excersie as well you are probably doing yourself a dis service (is that the right spelling). I wish only the best for you.
                  Take Care.
                  Shas
                  Just keep on swmming, just keep on swimming!

Comment

Working...
                  X