Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WHat am I like? :-)

G'day all :-)

Have been on here before but not for a long time, so thought I'd better introduce myself as a Newbie..

My name is David, I'm in Melbourne, Australia and I've been drinking too much for the last 10 years..

I've only tried doing something about it for the last 2 years and have been especially trying to sort myself out this year..

Most I've managed is 2 weeks alcohol free last year and Moderated this year for 3 months (No more than 2 beers a night and two alcohol free days a week)

I was pretty happy with three months of moderation, really thought I had it sorted but now am knocking off a bottle of Red wine a night minimum ( sometimes two!)

So here I go again....Hoorah!

Planning to wean myself from a bottle a night to a glass of red a night over the next week, if that fails I'll be off to the Doctors for a few weeks worth of Diazepam (Valium) and not drink at all..

Wish me luck!
    What you perceive is what you believe, so make sure you look at things the right way....

:welcome: Waving

Did they have the toolbox thread when you were here before. It's in the monthly abstinence section. It sounds like you're working on a plan to get started. You might also want to check out the newbies nest thread.

Good luck on weaning off. That's what worked for me. Hope to see more of you.
    AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Evening Waving, and welcome back again!
      As lil suggested, the 'toolbox' thread is good reading for some good support tips, when getting off, or cutting back the grog. We also have a downunder thread for our timezone called 'the next day thread', which is daily, so you are most welcome to drop in.
      Best wishes...............G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

:welcome: Waving! Glad that you came back. I look forward to getting to know you.

Comment

Hi waving! I'm new here as of yesterday. I'm trying to wean down from 3-4 per day to 1-2 per day before I stop too. I'm already down from where I was...a lot of wine everyday. I have supplements on the way! I hope it helps!
          Sounds like you've already figured out how to do it for a while and just need to get back on that track! This seems to be the place to get support as you go! Look forward to hearing how it goes for you.
          Keep wavin'

Comment

WELCOME BACK AN WISHING YOU ALL THE LUCK stay strong and keep thinking positive you can do this
            :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
            best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Working...
            X