Accountability Partner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accountability Partner

I had the pleasure of talking on the phone to a lovely lady from this site, and we very briefly discussed being each others "accountability partner". Well, I just had this thought of a new thread we could start each day, if anyone is interested. On a day that I say I am not going to drink, I might make a post to ask someone to be my accountability partner making me accountable for my own promise to not drink that day. I think One Day at a Time is best for that, but if you ask for an accountability partner, you have to hold yourself accountable to that person for that day. I am up for anything that works!!! Big hugs. :l
    I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Accountability Partner

Sign me up. Anyone else?

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Accountability Partner

Ha Ha, I guess noone wants to be accountable Bright, (joke). OK! You Can be my accountability Partner! And I can be yours for whenever you need me. I am good at kicking butt and motivating and helping keep on track. USE ME whenever you need someone to hold you to YOUR OWN promises to yourself. Today is April 23. I promise myself that today I will not drink and I am accountable to you. (Should be no problem today, Its easy to make it to day 4, today is just day 2 for me) I can post tonight to tell you that I kept my promise.

Comment

Accountability Partner

I agree One to Many. Whatever works! At least I have an added voice in my head saying "Hey you promised Bright you were not going to drink today. If I do, I have to fess up" I hate having to fess up!

Comment

Accountability Partner

You know.... when I read your thread this morning I nearly posted but then backed out at the last minute... now I'm thinking maybe I DO need someone I can be held accountable to.
          Sheez, okay, here goes....

Today, I will NOT drink
          Today, I will go for a run/walk with my daughter

The second one is scarier than the first as I am so extreemly un-fit but I have signed up for a ladies 10km race in July and would really like to run it and not walk it.

So please OverIt, feel free to kick this rear-end if I do not comply.

P.S. Now I'm quite excited lol!!
          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Accountability Partner

X-posted there.... um hmmmmm Dear Oney..... aren't you also supposed to be training???? eh??
            "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Accountability Partner

Ok Dee Bee...You said it, and I am being your friend to remind you of the promise you made to yourself for today. YOU WILL NOT have a drink today APRIL 23, 2009!!!!!

Would you like to know what I am doing in about 15 minutes?? Putting on my running shoes and taking my son and puppy for a long walk/run. Just do it!!! Its small steps that lead to big steps. I know the feeling of just wanting to blow it off, but then once I get out there, it feels amazing!!!

So.... get those shoes on and go girl!!!! Oh, and DONT DRINK today. I expect a post tonight that YOU MET YOUR GOAL!

Big hugs.

Comment

Accountability Partner

Ah good on you OverIt!! I seriously would've chickened out if it weren't for you.

Give me 30 minutes and then I'll dust off my takkies and hit the pavement running LOL!! I would take my "bruiser" for a run but he gets a little carried away if he spots things like butterflies, ants, birds etc and starts chasing them... at 100kgs I can't afford to hold onto him and we end up coming home on very bad terms!

Comment

Accountability Partner

one2many;598947 wrote: Em..ahem..er...it's raining!

I am available to be an accountability partner for anyone struggling too..
                  does the sun ever shine Oney:H

Comment

Accountability Partner

Overit - you know I'm here for you!!

LOVE your sig, deebee!

Oney - what's the LMFCTO Club (dare I ask?)...?
                    Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Accountability Partner

I DID IT!!!
                      And I feel fantastic. I look like crap, but who cares. BTW I discovered that it's a great bonding experience running with my 14yr old daughter -- we were both pain-ing together and actually had a blast.
                      We must've run/walked/run about 3km YEEHAAAAA!!
                      This morning I was hiding under my duvet not wanting to face the day and this afternoon finds me prancing around the kitchen with a smile on my dial.
                      I dare anyone to exercise and still be grumpy!!!

I have a glass of iced green tea in hand and I'm off to make bobotie for dinner.

See ya'all in the morning with a clear head.

Comment

Accountability Partner

YEAH!!!! I just got back from our walk/run as well! I am sitting here all sweaty but feeling fantastic. You do know that exercise releases the "feel good" hormones or whatever they are called. GOOD FOR YOU!!!!

My Boston terrier puppy for the first time ran after some squirrels and about ripped my hand off! That was a first. OK, so goal one met, now just keep on going! NO DRINKING TODAY for you or me!

Comment

Accountability Partner

Nope, No booze for us tonight!:b&d:
                          Thanks for the support OverIt.

P.S. Savon LMFCTO means Laughing My F*cking Camel Toe Off:giggle:

Comment

Accountability Partner

Overit....I have 2 Boston Terriers...best dogs in the world!!!
                            Deebee....what the heck is bobotie????

Comment

Accountability Partner

Oh my gosh, that whipping thing is just too funny! Guess we all need a good whippin once in a while.

Oh yes, our Boston Terrier is so sweet! Just a puppy at 6 months. The best dog! I would love to have 2!

Enjoy the rest of your day guys!!! We are all in a good mood, lets stay that way!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X