Accountability Partner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accountability Partner

7.30pm, past my witching hour. No drink. Exhausted with tiredness after a busy day. Going to enjoy watching tv and reading my book. Kids are finally quiet, as in they are asleep, and I can hear myself think again.

Thank you guys for your support.

Comment

Accountability Partner

Morning Everyone, Dee Bee, Savon, One too many, everyone else! SOrry this post is so late, I got home late from work last night.

First off, no... I did not drink yesterday. I very briefly thought about it, but honestly the thought of my accountability partner Bright, and having to fess up on here, Well, It was definately enough to keep me sober.

Dee Bee! If I was able to help in any way, then I am so happy! You can USE ME or anyone else on here too ANY DAY, that you feel it will be an added guard in this fight! I know it definately was an added bonus to me, YES I thought about you before I picked up a drink!

SAVON! I am so sorry of what you are going though. You are going through a very rough time, and girl, If I was in your shoes, I cannot say I would be doing anything different than you. You know only support and encouragement are here, and now that we know we are neighbors, I will be available in person for those long lunches of girl talk, or a sober walk on the beach. :h
      I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Accountability Partner

OK!!!

Having the accountability partner yesterday seemed to work out well!! I can honestly tell you that I was in a position to drink (bartending) and the thought of having to post that I drank was indeed an added shield for me! Im happy to say that Dee Bee was to answer to me, and she did not drink as well!

FRIDAY APRIL 24. I am asking someone to be my accountable partner for today. I know this is very similar to the ODAT but for some reason the partner thing is kinda clicking for me. Kinda like a buddy system!

So... To my partner, I am promising myself that I will not drink for today. I want to have a hangover free Saturday so I can go to the gym to work off the vodka and wine weight!!! My partner is holding me accountable for the promise I just made to MYSELF.

Someone asked how this works? Yes, you are accountable for the day to your partner. Your partner can be accountable to you too, but not necessarily. I have to post later to give my partner my status for the day. This is just an idea, and I hope it can work out good for us all. Whatever works!!!!

Happy Friday Everyone! :h

Comment

Accountability Partner

OK. Saturday evening here and SOBER.

Comment

Accountability Partner

Hi Ezz, Dee Bee, One to Many, Rodeo, and anyone I forgot!

Happy to say hangover free Saturday just like I had hoped. Did NOT drink, not a drop.

Good job everyone!!!!

:goodjob:

Comment

Accountability Partner

Oh thanks, One to many. Everything good in your world???

I did the L-Glutamine trick, putting it directly under my tounge? This was the second time I have tried this, IT REALLY WORKS!

It DEFINITELY helped to curb the cravings enough for me to gain my sanity and just drive home after work. I work around booze as you know, it is literally in my face and I have access to it if I really want it. Have you ever tried the L-Glutamine? So glad it really does work!!!

Hope you have a wonderful Saturday. Sure is nice to wake up early without feeling like crap mentally and physically!

Comment

Accountability Partner

LOL!!! Glad to hear it!!!! Have a wonderful day.

By the way....at my house, It is a screaming kid, a LOUD barkng puppy, and two fighting cats!!!!

Oh and then the screaming kid chases the barking puppy, all morning!!!!

Comment

Accountability Partner

Evening all. Sunday evening and still sober. Don't even know what to do with myself but am feeling good.

Had a hard hour this afternoon and went for a run. Tomorrow is a holiday here so I will have another day to struggle through before my weekdays start.

Comment

Accountability Partner

That time of day and I am bloody struggling again. At least hubby will be back at work tomorrow, I never drink with the kids by myself, a road that I had a least the sense of avoid. I can't even go for a run because my legs are buggered from over-exercising.

Comment

Accountability Partner

thanks oney. I feel better now after saying it out loud. I know exactly what will happen if I have a drink today, what will happen to my other half because he can be just as weak.

Comment

Accountability Partner

All over Oney. The need to drink that is. I guess that I am lucky in that I only have to fight the urge for a short period of time a few times a week. I will be fine now until next weekend. Thank you for all your help.

Comment

Accountability Partner

Sorry Chopper...I was unable to get back to the computer this weekend....but I did stay sober....I hope you did....however, I still have not done my pictures....AGH!!
                          My sister got thrown out of her apt. so we moved her in with my mom on Friday Saturday was busy with Baseball games and then a party and the club on the water it was Soooo nice out....and Sunday was baseball....Ranger game....baseball.....
                          :teeter:JAMMS

"I'm safe.. up high...no one can touch me...why do I feel this party's over?...."

"no pain..inside...you're my protection...how do I feel this good SOBER?!"

Comment

Accountability Partner

No worries Jamms! I am glad that you stayed sober, just like I did. :goodjob: So, now you have to accomplish getting those pictures done. Sounds like you were incredibly busy this weekend with a lot of important stuff. When are you going to do those pictures?

I wasn't very good at being on my treadmill. I was that one night Starting tomorrow morning, I am going to get consistent again.

Talk to you soon

Comment

Accountability Partner

What an awesome thread!!
                              Well done Ezzy & OverIt!!!
                              And Chopper & Jamms!!!

It was a long weekend here (yesterday was Freedom Day) so my weekend was bliss. I went to yoga on Saturday and stretched out my aching muscles, did loads of gardening, braaied with friends and family, caught up on some reading and generally just had a great time.

This week is a short week as it's a public holiday on Friday, so my commitment for the week is:
                              Today (Tues) - run with the daughter
                              Wed - yoga
                              Thurs - attend night course
                              And I will be AF!!
                              "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Working...
                              X