Im back...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im back...

I'm back and need to get myself together. I think I'm going insane lately. My emotions are all over the place. I'm feel alone and old. 47 year old single women. I have a son still at home about to graduate from high school. I'm not a very good role model lately and I am not finding joy in my life. My emotions are so extreme that I even have problems dealing at work. I cant seem to stop self medicating with wine. Of course I always over medicate myself which.. as we all know just adds to my emotional and physical turmoil. AAAARRRRRRR....ok just needed to get that out. I'm back to try again to get this monster under control. It will have to be abstinence for me.

Everything I need is within me!

Im back...

I cannot yet relate to that, but I do have a ton of financial burdens and I distract mysellf with breathing exercises.
    It is easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to get permission.

Comment

Im back...

Brightlite, I am 47 years old too....have been drinking (ALOT) for about 15 years. Was NOT a good role model for my kids, but somehow they turned out perfect anyway....I think it was because I loved them so much but I'm not sure. I am single also, have been for 9 years....but a little over a year ago, I decided to quit drinking and I decided I was ready for a relationship....got on match.com (lol!) met my BF, though it turns out that he likes to drink a bit much too....sooooo, started drinking again. It hasn't been too bad until recently when I have been drinking so much that I blackout for long periods of time and drive during those blackouts....that's what has scared me into wanting to quit. Let's do this together!!! Grab my hand!

Comment

Im back...

Oh Rodeo....I'm right there with you. I've been single for about 7 years. I had a 3 year relationship that ended up badly...but that's a long story. I've also tried match.com. I've come to realize that I can't be in a relationship until I get things under control. Dating is hard especially meeting strangers through the internet, not to mention dangerous. Blackouts are really dangerous. Please don't drink and drive. Most of the men that I have dated also liked to drink which then you find yourself only meeting up with them for drinks...then you end up being their drinking buddy which I'm sure you know all the problems associated with that......so no more dating for me right now. Yes...let's do it together.

Comment

Im back...

Of course, Brightlite...you COULD put in your profile that you don't drink??? lol!!! Then you will meet men that don't drink and they can inspire you!!! I thought the same thing as you...that I couldn't be in a relationship until I was able to control myself (drinking/smoking) and till I was able to know who I was, which at 47 I still didn't know because I was drinking so much.....so I quit for a month, thought I was ready (which don't get me wrong, the relationship is going great! it's just the drinking now) and jumped in!! Being sober for a month isn't very long and it didn't stick....I don't really want to be completely AF, but I want to get to the point where I can moderate....drink occasionally. And NO! No more drinking and driving!! How are YOU doing today???

Comment

Im back...

Its day 2 for me. I'm ok, but as it gets later in the day I can feel the monster rearing its ugly head. When I get home, I'm taking my yorkie for a long walk and then I'll make dinner. I am not going to give in today. Yes...LOL I guess I could put that I don't drink in my profile. Sounds like a good experiment and we'll see what sort of responses I'll get in. Maybe next time I sign up...if ever. I'm just OK by myself right now, but I do get really lonely sometimes and I know... isn't that one of the letters in HALT....you know the triggers; Hungry, Angry(or Anxious), Lonely and Tired. Let's keep checking back with each other. I know it helps me. When I leave the boards for awhile, I do get all caught up in myself and feel lonely. I really do like the connection here to people with the same problem(s) that I have to battle.

Comment

Im back...

Hi Brightlite! Just wanted to say good job on Day 2. Enjoy the long walk with the yorkie and making dinner. Imagine how wonderful both of those will go being AF!

I feel the same as you do about the connection with people here and having the same battles. It is definitely a huge comfort to come here when the monster is rearing his ugly head.

Keep up the good work! :l

Comment

Working...
              X