sober since March 10th, 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a job that requires me to work at night. For the last 10 yrs or so my drinking to relax and go to sleep has become very heavy, I had a intervention of family and friends that put me in a rehab hospital for the night. After 24 hrs [ and the fact that our insurance would not pay for me being there] I came home. Even though I did not continue in any outpatient groups, my family and friends have helped me find a course that seems to be working for me. On line there is so much info, but I found a list of supplyments and vits that have helped and asking for God's help for the 1st time and family support I feel that ther is a light at the end of the tunnel after all. But I am wanting to learn more about products, and I ordered the book " My Way Out" because I know I am not out of the woods yet. Would appreicate any advise from anyone and of course prayers and I would like to help anyone I could. Thanks, dixiegirl:new::new:

:hello2::colorwelcome::wave::groupluv:GREAT JOB AND KEEP IT GOING
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Welcome dixiegirl! Congratulations on all the steps you've made so far! :goodjob: You will get a TON of support from all the great people on this site. I've only joined for 2 or 3 weeks and already feel a sense of community and bonding with others. I strongly recommend reading the book more than once. If you can, visit your primary care physician to discuss the program to get some extra support and to prescribe meds if you feel you need them. Topamax has helped me tremendously with my cravings, as well as l-glutamine. I also use the all one vitamin powder supplements, evening primrose oil, milk thistle, and b-complex. Ask lots and lots of questions and visit this site regularly! Good luck!

~FMI2

Comment

Welcome dixiegirl! Congratulations on all the steps you've made so far! :goodjob: You will get a TON of support from all the great people on this site. I've only joined about 3 weeks ago and already feel a sense of community and bonding with others. I strongly recommend reading the book more than once. If you can, visit your primary care physician to discuss the program to get some extra support and to prescribe meds if you feel you need them. Topamax has helped me tremendously with my cravings, as well as l-glutamine. I also use the all one vitamin powder supplements, evening primrose oil, milk thistle, and b-complex. Ask lots and lots of questions and visit this site regularly! Good luck!

~FMI2

Comment

Hi Dixiegirl, cant help with any advise about med but would like to say welcome aboard this site is excellent so keep reading and posting love ronnie x
          :dancin: enguin:
          starting over

Comment

Working...
          X