Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF April 24

Good Morning Everyone,

Thank you all for telling me about Cilantro. I'm going to have to try it just out of curiosity.

Pnut-if you see a woman in the produce section with her face stuck in the parsley, that's me trying to sniff out the Cilantro!

Well, we are heading into the last week end of the month. Hard to believe how time seems to have speeded up.

Let's tighten our belts, put on our running shoes and go into this week end being strong and positive.

Hope everyone has a great day.
    AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

AF April 24

6 more days...

Hi everyone. 4 weeks for me today!

Lil, thanks for getting us started today. About cilantro: I forgot to mention that I have actually grown cilantro in my herb bed. It looks just like a flat leaf parsley, as Pnut said. I never actually used it, I just grew it to see what it looked like. The seeds are what's called coriander which is a spice I have used in cooking Indian dishes.

There's a good question for today: What ethnic food (if any) do you like?

OK, only 6 days left until the big ice cream blow out! WOO-HOO! Let's hang tough.:h
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

AF April 24

Hi everyone,

Congrats Dill on your 4 weeks - just made mine yesterday, good for us :goodjob:
      It's a great feeling, isn't it?

I have room in my herb garden, maybe I'll stick some cilantro in there this weekend too. I have so many recipes that call for it - may as well grow it if I can.

Looking forward to a seriously warm & dry weekend here, hope you all have a great weekend as well.

Lavande
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF April 24

DILL!!!!!! WHOOP woop!! Congratulations! YYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY!!

I LOVE ALL FOOD....except fresh cilantro! And fennel ( tastes like licorice)

Is Hoppin' John ethnic? It's regionally ethnic...anyway I love it.

Happy Friday!

Cat
        Catawprint:

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
        -Alan Cohen

Comment

AF April 24

Good Morning Everyone, Dill - Congrats on 4 WEEKS!!!!!!! Awesome!!! :wave: I'm half way there, today is day 15 AF. I'll be starting to plant my garden this weekend, suppose to be in the 70's!
          I've haven't tried cilantro, I like growing italian parsley because I like to pick the tops off and eat it while I'm weeding it. You know what's good too is Broccoli Rabe, do up some italian sauage and mix it together, excellent. Also easy to grow, doesn't grow in heads, but more like leaves and stems with small buds. Can't wait, ice cream..you scream..we all scream for ice cream!! :alf:
          Only Those Who...Attempt The Absurd...Achieve The Impossible

Comment

AF April 24

Lavande - Congrats on your 4 WEEKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!! You & Dill are my inspiration for the day. Keep up the great work! Happy Friday! :goodjob: :wd:

Comment

AF April 24

Happy Friday Everyone!

This is just such an awesome thread to come to each day!!! SOOOO positive!!!! Congrats to EVERYONE on their AMAZING achievements!!!! I think everyone ahs done such a great job...and on some level reached one goal they have set out to accomplish this month!! I know I couldn't have done it without you all!! Thank you SOOOOOO much :hug:
              I have a lot to get done today...as I hoping to sneak out early to catch a plane to Denver...my principal is pretty flexible....so if I don't get a chance to get back here today....have a great Friday!!
              SD:H We're almost to May!!!
              "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
              7/29/12

Comment

AF April 24

Hey Gang - Congrats on 4 weeks Dill and Lavande - you must be feeling soooo good. I know at day 24 here I sure am!! Just getting ready to head out the door for the long walk to work, so must make this quick.

All this talk about herb gardens is making want to get out there and do some planting. It will be another month yet, but I think I will put an herb garden in again this year - haven't done that in a couple of years. Strawman - I must look into Broccoli Rabe - never heard of it - I did grow broccoli years ago in my huge garden when i lived on a farm, but it had worms on it - big swollen juicy one on my plate after I finished eating the broccoli steamed. Rather turned me off!!! (sorry guys - yucky image!!)

Can't wait for ice cream!! I will have already been to my homeopath appointment, so I won't have to make any icecream confessions to him!!!

xoxo peanut

Comment

AF April 24

Good Morning All!

Congrats to Dill and LaVande on 4 weeks!!! That is fabulous...give yourselves a treat!
                  SD, Peanut and Strawman, congrats to you on all your achievments as well!!
                  Hi Lil and Cat....hope you have a great Friday!
                  Looking forward to the ice cream party!
                  I like pretty much all ethnic foods....Indian would be my favorite!
                  Have a good one everyone!

Comment

AF April 24

Peanut - NICE!!!!!!!!!! Hey, that worm was probably all protein !! I was eating lunch while reading this !
                    Once when we were kids, my brother and were digging in this hill to find worms to go fishing and we hit a mother load of worms, pulled them all out and went home for dinner....and our mother made spaghetti !!!! Happy Friday everyone!!!!!!!

Comment

AF April 24

Can I just say what a fantastic thread this is??
                      You are all doing so well, its wonderful to read about.
                      Well done all of you!
                      Oh and it just gets better and better!
                      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

AF April 24

congratulations Dill and Lavende WOW! 4 weeks, I'm on 2.5. I'm so proud of you guys! work has been crazy so when I go home I just crash and don't have an opportunity to read or post. It's going to be a great weekend here in Connecticut. Hope everyone has a great one! will check in tomorrow.
                        :lilheart: "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people"
                        ~Jennifer Beals~:huggy

Comment

AF April 24

1MC- WOW! That's fantastic! 2.5 weeks! WooHoo! Thanks for checking in.

Starts, thanks for dropping in. We appreciate your kind words of support!

Oh, Pnut. I had the same brocolli experience one sad day. I never grew brocolli again!

Great job, Lavande. We're awesome, aren't we?!

Hi Chops, SD and Strawman, good to see you guys!
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                          X